Huntress (POV)

• Dedicated to Nica Del Pilar

PHOTO OF ANGJEL ON THE SIDE >>>

I reached my bedroom and I flopped down my bed, dead tired. I was still covered with bruises and wounds, and today wasn't any better than my first two days. Everyone was jumping on me, throwing a kick or a punch; it was sort of stupid, actually.

I looked up the ceiling, then I reached out my hand in the air and stared in between my fingers, then I remembered the fight I had with Hunter the night of my first day back.

"That wasn't fair Hunter." I thought. I know he was worried of me, but I expected that of all people, he was the one who would understand. I guess he still hasn't changed his opinion of me.

"That's only the beginning."

I sighed and didn't move, "What do you want?"

Aengelicus stepped out of the dark, "I just came to check on you."

I sat up, "You're checking on me? That's new."

Aengelicus stifled a laugh, "I know I do torment you a lot, but only when you're being stubborn."

"I am not stubborn." I said. He gave me a look, "Ok, so maybe I often am to you, but seriously, that's your fault."

"My fault?" he asked, amused, "How is that my fault?"

"Because what you did the last time was uncalled for!" I snapped.

"But you needed to be calmed down-"

"I wouldn't have needed calming down if you didn't irritate me with your crap about my family."

He chuckled, "Well, I can't blame you for that I guess."

I rolled my eyes and lied back and turned my back at him, "Leave me alone Aengelicus."

"Oh, c'mon Aengelle." he says.

"Huntress." I corrected, "I's Huntress."

"Ok, Huntress, I’m just checking on you, your star is extremely weak tonight, might have something to do with all your bruises and wounds."

"You know as much as I do that this are nothing more than a mark." he remains quiet. "I'm just really tired, Aengelicus, that's all." he still does not answer, his mood calmed and I guess he's just really here to check on me. "Aengelicus?"

"Hm?"

"What did you mean it's just the beginning?"

"You were gone for a long time; do you really expect that it will be easy?" I sat up and look at him, "Hunter lost you before, Iahejlle was the only one left with him, it’s just natural that he protects Iahejlle and kept her close. Iahejlle must have just misinterpreted that."

But telling me that I don't know Iahejlle wasn't fair." I said, "I thought of all people he'd understand."

"He does, but you also have to understand that he wants you to know what he had done the pass you wasn't easy for him to deal with alone."

I sighed, "I guess..." then I forced a small grin."You know what?"

He glanced my way, "What?"

"You aren't so bad when you're like this," I said as I grabbed another pillow and rolled into bed, "you know your way out." I said as I yawned and closed my eyes.

I heard him chuckle, "Don't turn your guards down." he reminded, "Good night Aengelle."

"Huntress..." I whispered, “Its Huntress..."