Dr. Hamilton (POV)

For patiently reading The Archangel's Daughter. And keeps me updated of what needs improvement. Enjoy, I'd be expecting more chapters of mine to be dedicated to you, lol! Thanks so much and kudos to your and your novels as well! :)

PHOTO OF DR. HAMILTON ON THE SIDE >>>
_______________________________________________________________________________

 I stepped out of the car and looked up at the front steps of the Matthews’ residence.

“Good afternoon, Dr. Hamilton.” Arnold, the butler, was at the top of the steps waiting for me.

“Ah Arnold, my good man, good afternoon.” I greeted, “How is everything here?”

“Just the usual, Dr. Hamilton, assassins coming and going, people being killed, shall I take your coat sir?”

“Oh, no thank you Arnold, I won’t be long. I’m just checking on things.” I said. “And I sure do hope those assassins who you speak of are one of ours.”

“I’m sure, you do, sir.” He said, he turns and entered the house.

I sneered at him and followed, I never liked this butler, he knows too much. And father Robynn liked it that way. He is considered as part of the family and is one of the few people whom the Mistress trusts.

Only because he saved the Mistress when she was a child, I should have bought him before he got attached to her. He may have his heart on the right place, but everyone has a price.

“So, Arnold, where is he?”

“In the study, reading, would you like to see him?” he asked.

“Yes, please.”

Arnold gave a weak nod, “Very well, I’ll inform him of your arrival, please wait here, Dr. Hamilton.”

I watched him leave the room; I looked around and waited for him. I wonder what he’ll tell me of the whereabouts of the Mistress, I thought. I’m definitely sure he’ll lie about it.

Then Arnold came back, “Dr. Hamilton, Father Robynn will see you now.” He said and turned around.

I followed him to the room at the end of the hall. He opened the door and let me in, and there I saw father Robynn, reading by the window and he looked up to me with a smile.

“Josef, my boy, what a wonderful surprise.” He said, I looked him over, he doesn’t even look 60 much more 75. But then again, who was I to argue, he was supposed to be dead. He stood up and walked toward me.

“Just a social visit, father Robynn.” I said, he waves for me to sit down, “it has been awhile since I came here.”

He nods and sits across me. “That is true, may I offer you a drink, Josef?”

Arnold steps in and asked, “Coffee? Tea? Poison maybe?”

I looked up at him, surprised, suddenly father Robynn laughed, “That cracks me up all the time! It was James’ butler who first asked me that.”

Arnold rolled his eyes, “And he had me asking it since then.”

I forced a smile, “I’m sure it was as funny as it was before, but I’ll have tea, if you don’t mind.” I said. Arnold nods and walked to the corner of the room. Then I looked around, “It looks like the princess isn’t here, is she out training?”

Arnold comes back with our drinks and set it on the table. Father Robynn picked up his cup and took a sip. “Ahh… Wonderful as always, this is why I hired you, Arnold.”