~Chapter Three - Watching Over You~

Call it creepy, but I watch over Dean while he is sleeping. Not in a creepy way, I just make sure nothing can hurt him...I have been his guardian angel since I was assigned to guide him. But I need to protect him with my life, it's my duty. He has caught me a few times and then he thought I stopped, but I didn't, I couldn't. I go in when I am sure he is asleep and then I leave once the sun starts rising. So, technically he doesn't know. Lately, I haven't been watching him.

I made my way to his room and peeked in, however, for once he wasn't asleep. He saw the slight flooding of the light and looked at me. "Cas?" He said, wearily. "Yes, Dean," I said. "Why aren't you asleep?" I asked. "I haven't had a good sleep in a while. It started a week ago...I was fine and felt like someone was making sure I was out of harm's way, but that presence left and I started having restless sleep," He said, yawning right after. Was I the reason he struggled to sleep for the past week? I frowned and entered his room, inching towards him, he watched me carefully. "There is something you must know" I started. "I have been watching over you as you sleep and I stopped a week ago..." I looked away worried about an outburst that never came. "You...you made me feel safe," Dean said. I looked at him wide-eyed. "Y-you don't care?" I asked. "No, you helped me sleep, thank you," He said, softly. I sat on his bed.

I remembered that his mother used to sing "Hey Jude" to him when he couldn't sleep. "Lie down," I said. He did what I said without asking questions.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.
Remember to let her into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better."

I sang softly. Dean looked at me, his eyes sparkled. His favourite Beatles song. His mother's lullaby was being sung by me and the look in his eyes made me feel good.

"Hey Jude, don't be afraid.
You were made to go out and get her.
The minute you let her under your skin,
Then you begin to make it better."

I sang some more as Dean smiled the biggest I have seen in a long time. It was good to see him smile, to see him trust me.

"And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain,
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders.
For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder."

Dean looked away from me, looking at the ceiling. I heard him sigh and close his eyes. He looked so peaceful and I loved it.

"Hey Jude, don't let me down.
You have found her, now go and get her.
Remember to let her into your heart,
Then you can start to make it better."

His breathing became slow and his face softened. I smiled while singing. He is so pretty. I truly love him.

"So let it out and let it in, hey Jude, begin.
You're waiting for someone to perform with.
And don't you know that it's just you, hey Jude, you'll do.
The movement you need is on your shoulder"

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad.
Take a sad song and make it better.
Remember to let her under your skin,
Then you'll begin to make it
Better better better better better better, oh."

"Na na na nananana, nannana, hey Jude..."

I finished singing and looked at Dean who was peacefully sleeping. All I could do was smile and hope one day I would be able to wake up to the man's face in the morning.

"I will watch over you..." I whispered, softly.