i| Kimi's Kid

Kimin lapsi

●▬▬▬▬▬  ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Cold as ice

"I'm not the type to keep you warm at night

Better believe it that I'm cold as ice"

"Hang on, Kimi Räikkönen has a kid?"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Hang on, Kimi Räikkönen has a kid?"

That's the same thing Anneli had grown up with her entire life. Admittedly, her father kept off social media until recently. Even then, Kimi didn't want everyone to think that his daughter was racing because he wanted her to.

He didn't. Anneli always made her own decisions and wanted to start karting at the age of four. Kimi was happy to support that. He told her everything he'd learnt over the years and picked up the pieces when her mother had attempted to pull Anneli out of the sport. Anneli's father was always there for her. Even when he wasn't physically home, he was phoning or FaceTiming her to ensure she was getting to school safely and that her mother took her to races he couldn't.

Even when he remarried and Anneli's half-siblings were born, Kimi didn't treat her any differently. If anything, he took more care in making sure Anneli was happy. By then, she was already travelling around the world racing with Kimi going to as many as he could while taking care of a newborn. Sometimes Anneli would babysit as she still lived at home with her father and stepmother in Switzerland.

Living in Switzerland was a dream when your other hobby was skiing. Sometimes, Anneli wondered if she could have made a career out of that, until realising she wasn't really a professional in it compared to other people. Sadly, she didn't live that close to the ski places but it was close enough for her to drive to. After all, Anneli never did anything she didn't want to.

Not only that, her words were blunt and honest, rather than aiming to people please. Anneli had no interest in that. She always held her ground that her words would always offend someone, it was impossible not to; she just learnt that she wasn't going to be upset if someone wrote something about her. It was just the way of the world and one of the reasons she stayed far away from social media.

"Where are you going?" Kimi asked as she watched his daughter pack a backpack.

"Snowboarding with my group," Anneli answered.

"Okay," Kimi paused. "Be safe."

"I know," Anneli replied smoothly.

Anneli had a good friendship group, consisting of another girl and three guys. They were all from Switzerland and Anneli had met them while snowboarding. They didn't know a lot about racing so it gave Anneli a good base to avoid her namesake and make real friends. All of them had general everyday jobs that they enjoyed (other than Elijah).