XXV| Two surprises, one day

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Panic room

"Welcome to the panic room

where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you"

"Neli, just listen!"

"Piss off."

"Anneli!"

"Mene helvettiin."

"I can't speak Finnish, you know that!"

"Elijah, I do not want to speak to you," Anneli Räikkönen replied calmly.

The past always comes back to haunt you. Truth be told, Anneli knew she was going to run into Elijah at some point and it made sense that he would have run off to Monaco. He was an incredibly spoiled boy — and mentally, he was still a boy, not a man — so going to Monaco was always what he did when he was 'bored'.

It had been six months since she'd seen him and if she was honest, she had kind of forgotten about him. She'd seen his mother at one point but she'd never liked Anneli so there was no conversation. Anneli's friends back in Switerzland had told her that Elijah still brought her up in conversation.

She had just finished practice and was waiting by the car for Max. All she wanted was peace, was that too much to ask?

"What happened was blown out of proportion," said Elijah with crossed arms.

"No, I don't think it was," Anneli glared. "You broke my favourite board."

"It's just a snowboard, Anneli," Elijah argued, rolling his eyes. "It means nothing over our love."

"There is no love, Elijah, I don't think there ever was," Anneli replied. "I thought maybe it was just me not really feeling anything but now I've learnt that you're supposed to feel something when you think you are in love."

"And you'd know that now would you?"

"I think I do."

"You're sleeping with Verstappen, aren't you?" Elijah scoffed. "I see you together all the time on social media."

"So what if I am?"

"That's just wrong—"

"He's been better to me in these past months and you were to me all those years" Anneli smirked. "And he's a lot better in bed."

"You bitch!" Elijah growled.

"You're not a dog, piss off," Anneli echoed again.

"She said piss off, dickhead," Came the voice of Robyn Saunders. "No means No."