XXViii| Destiny

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ :AWAKEN

"The voice begins to call you while you hunger

A taste of destiny you're searching for"

"Hey Max, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, Nel, what's up?" Max questioned.

Max fixed his gaze on Anneli, his eyes searching for any sign of her emotions as he waited for her to break the silence. Anneli appeared composed, but her lack of words left Max wondering whether it was due to pure excitement or nervousness.

She'd also just won at Silverstone, pretty much setting her up for a win in F2 this year and she knew the chances of winning it without even being there was high. It would certainly be entertaining if she did.

"You told me that you'd buy me a house..."

"Yeah I said I was being honest—"

"You haven't been on social media yesterday or today, have you?" She questioned, balancing on the edge of her feet.

"I don't really like social media, Nel," Max replied with a shrug. "You know that. Especially, two days after a race."

"Yes, I know that..." Anneli smiled.

"What is up?" Max questioned impatiently.

"You owe me a house."

"What?"

The stare was back. The stare that started all of this in the first place was when Max and Anneli realised from separate sides that they matched more than anyone else in the world.

Anneli said nothing else; she just laid her phone across the table for Max to read. Her face began to turn upright into a small smile as she watched his eyes widen at the words.