Viii| The bet

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Don't stop Believin'

"Stree lights, people...Living just to find emotion

Hiding somewhere in the night."

"

"I just think you need to be a little more enthusiastic!"

"Don't be an idiot. No one wants that."

"They do, media do!"

"Jack, stop it," Anneli groaned.

With the practice session including rookies from outside of Formula 1, some from F2 and even Indycar, it meant that Anneli was not alone in being a standout. Having raced together for the past year, those in Formula 2 had agreed to gather together in the paddock after the media from Practice, allowing for a sense of familiarity.

Eventually, the others ( Robert Kubica, Pietro Fittipaldi, Logan Sargeant and Robert Shwartzman) had all left, it left the three friends of the 2022 Formula 2 Paddock.

It also gave Jack Doohan and  Felipe Drugovich time to annoy Anneli Räikkönen and it was just so easy to do so.

Anneli got along with both of them just fine but that didn't mean they hadn't found ways to try and tease her...which was just pure annoyance for Anneli, she didn't really get the concept of teasing.

Otherwise, Felipe Drugovich was one of her good friends in Formula 2 and was going to win the 2022 championship. She was happy for him and knew he was going to be kept as Aston Martin's reserve driver in 2023 so chances were, she'd see a decent amount of him.

She and Jack had a mixed relationship. Anneli wasn't very talkative so while Felipe didn't mind too much, Jack wanted someone to talk to. However, he was good at knowing when Anneli was in a good mood and always made an effort to speak to her.

"I don't need to be enthusiastic, I just need to race well," Anneli replied.

"You're too much like your dad," Jack laughed. "You sound exactly like him!"

The Australian was right, Anneli would admit.

"I am enthusiastic, I just don't need to smile and wave a flag to show it, Jack," Anneli replied honestly. "Maybe if they stopped talking to me on the radio, I'd win more races."

Felipe grinned. He found the Finnish girl incredibly amusing.

Before either the Alpine or Aston Martin juniors could respond, Robin Räikkönen had ran up to Anneli and took hold of her hand.