XXXiV| A slope and bottle

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Can't catch me now

"You can't catch me now."

Anneli felt like a teacher taking young children on a field trip

She knew they were adults, professionals even, but they were all just so...children. Sure, it was fun and made great memories but it wasn't easy to organise things with a group of adults that asked like teenagers.

She just guessed Formula 1 did that to you after a while.

"I just think I would be safer in Anneli's car—"

"Oi, I'm your best friend!"

"She lives here and has been a hundred times!"

"I'm capable—"

"Daniel, Max isn't an idiot. I'm sure he can drive on snow just as well," Anneli broke up the playful argument. "Fine, I'll decide! Daniel, you go with Max and take Scotty with you along with Yuki."

Anneli was sure Daniel felt safe with Max, he was just teasing him. Besides, they had a car full of Red Bull employees, they'd be fine.

"Felipe, Jack, Mick and Arthur can come with me," Anneli demanded. 

"That just screams chaos," said Max knowingly.

"Robyn and Charles, my friends Levi and Joel will drive you." Anneli ended. "Talking of which, here they are."

Levi was driving as he and Joel pulled up in a navy blue Jeep. They were both bubbling with joy at the thought of meeting Anneli's friends and the Finnish girl was positive they'd get on with Charles and Robyn too.

"We have arrived!" Joel exclaimed as he waved. "Nice to meet you all, I am Joel."

There was certainly a range of accents present but Joel's Switzerland one was the loudest. Then, of course, they had Australian, Finnish, Dutch, British, Japanese, Monégasques, German and Brazilian.

"Woah, there's a lot of us," Levi realised. "Hi, I'm Levi. Uh...do you all own snowboards?"

"Not all of them but I've already wanted Nina that we're arriving," Anneli replied smoothly. 

"Nina?" Max questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm on a first-name basis with staff. They keep me a low profile," Anneli answered calmly.

Soon enough, everyone was piling into the cars and trucks outside Anneli's house. She knew she couldn't speed off or she'd lose Max so she kept her speed reasonable. Joel was driving behind Max so they created some sort of train going on.