Sleep- 1

Atsushi gets up from yet another sleepless night. He keeps having night terrors since he left the orphanage. He just can't deal with it. He hates how he remembers everything, and he can't put the past behind him. But right now that's not important, what is important is getting to work. He doesn't want to get yelled at by Kunikida, so he gets up, gets ready, and heads to the bathroom. Washing his face, brushing his teeth, and brushing his hair. Afterward, he leaves the house but something feels off. But he didn't bother to check, because he just needs to get to work. So he gets to work on time, but he can already hear Kunikida yelling at Dazai. He brushes past them without them noticing and heads inside. He greets everyone and sits down and gets to work, but still, there is something off. He feels like people are looking at him, but he brushes it off thinking it's one of his hallucinations. Kunikida speaks up "Uh hey kid, are you okay? You look a bit tired..." Atsushi realized what he forgot, he forgot to cover his dark eye bags that were concerning when you look at them. Atsushi panicked, "Oh um, yea. I just stayed up late on my phone." Kunakida sighed, "Don't do that or you'll be late for work." "Don't worry, I won't." Atsushi's eyes went back to the computer and continued to work. Wanting to curl up into a ball and die, but no he can't. After getting all his work done, he was asked by Dazai if he could do his paperwork, which he accepted since Dazai had already left the agency before he could say anything. That meant he had to stay later so he could finish it all, but he wanted to go home. He did it anyway and left late. It was a long walk to his house, so he took a shortcut through a park. He was walking and was feeling tired. He wanted to go to sleep, but even if he did, he couldn't. He didn't like his nightmares, so he tried not to sleep. But some days he fell asleep and he would wake up in fear, shaking, thinking that the headmaster of the orphanage came back to get him. After a short while, he sees someone in the park sitting there. It was pitch black and dark but it looked like they were bleeding. He walked over to see Akutagawa. Akutagawa was hurt on his arm, blood gushing out. He looked at him, "Why are you here jinko?" He said in a stern tone. "Are you okay?!" "I'm fine just leave me alone." Atsushi replies, a bit worried. He said rolling his eyes, "Your bleeding from your arm, and you're drenched in blood." Atsushi crossed his arms, "Come with me, I'll patch you up." Actagawa looked confused, "Why would you do that, we're enemies?" Atsushi looked at an imaginary watch in his hand. "Well last time I checked, I'm not at work." Akutagawa hesitated but didn't want Gin to worry about his injury. "Fine but don't do anything stupid." Atsushi gestured for him to follow, and they walked to his apartment. It was very awkward walking to the apartment. A while later, once they reached the door and walked in, Atsushi told him to sit on the couch. He waited silently until Atsushi brought a med-kit, and sat next to him, Akutagawa removed his bloody shirt and coat, and Atsushi cleaned the wound. Akutagawa winched due to the pain. Atsushi wrapped it up for him and asked, "So can I wash these?" Pointing to Akutagawa's clothes. He was unsure at first, but let the weretiger wash it, since he didn't want to let the blood drip on the floor. Soon after, Akutagawa got a shirt from Atsushi, and Atsushi asked, looking down. "Um I think it's going to take a while before your clothes are done washing, do you want to stay over for dinner?" Akutagawa agreed. He didn't want to come back to get the shirt. Atsushi began cooking and wore a pink apron that Kyoko got him with a bunny on it. Akutagawa didn't know how to help, but then asked, "Hey can I use your bathroom?" Atsushi replied, "First door on the right." Akutagawa headed to the bathroom and washed his hands to start helping, but saw on the sink a bloody blade. Akutagawa was confused, Atsushi the man who has Dazai's approval and has everything Akutagawa could dream of would be doing this?! He came out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen. He didn't say anything he just sat down since Atsushi was done cooking.The food was prepared very well but they ate in silence it was awkward this time Actgaw didn't know if he should bring it up since they weren't exactly 'Friends But then Atsushi spoke up "So how has your day been other than getting hurt?" he said with an awkward smile Actagwa sighed he guessed he would humor him since he did help him after all "Good" he said "how about yours?" he questioned thinking he might get a clue to the reason for the blade Atsushi was surprised since he thought that Akutagawa would say nothing "Um, Well I...um it was interesting?" "What happened?" Akutagawa insisted Atsushi was happy Akutagawa was asking "Well Kunakida was yelling a lot today...Um And Ramope made me run some snack runs for him and " He paused "That's all" He said with yet again an awkward smile, Akutagawa felt something wrong but didn't say anything but they ate a comfy silence Atsushi was blushing he didn't know what else to do once they finished dinner Atsushi told Akutagawa "Um your clothes still are washing." Akutagawa replied "I guess I will head home I will return your shirt tomorrow." he said with a frustrated look Atsushi nodded and they both walked to the door Atsushi opened it for him Akutagawa walked as fast as he could get out of the weretiger sight Atsushi sighed and closed the door and went to the bathroom he was washing his face till he saw the bloody blade he used not to long ago the look of horror on Asushi had on his face, Atsushi had thoughts running through his mind 'what would Akutagawa see him as he didn't say anything? He probably thinks I'm weak! I don't want that to happen. What should I say to him should I just brush it off? Could I just not say anything I mean he didn't say anything to me?!

Atsushi was panicking about the guy who was his enemy and the person he had a crush on right now just saw the thing that Asushii is ashamed of. What should he do? Even if he does say something, what would he say? Atsushi who hadn't slept in 3 days now can't sleep for the fourth night not thinking about his headmaster but now is the thing about Akutagawa all night long. After getting up Atsushi folded the clothes that Akutagawa wore and put them into a brown paper bag and left without a problem he was still thinking about what Akutagawa might say but ended up getting interrupted by none other than Dazai "Heyyy Atsushi what ya doing" he said standing in front of Atsushi's door "Oh, Hey Dazai how are you?" Atshui said, surprised seeing Dazai, "I'm good Atsushi! Let's get going!" he said excitedly Atsushi had no idea what was going on but walked with Dazai to the agency halfway there Dazai asked, "Hey Atsushi what is in that bag?" Atsushi walked a bit faster and replied "It's nothing." Dazai got more curious but let it slide since they had just arrived at the agency, as they walk in they greet everyone and got to work but Dazai went straight to the couch and then kunikida yelled at him, Atsushi hated when Kunakida yells it reminds him of the headmaster at the orphanage he squeezes the pencil he was using to write something and it snapped Kunakida looked at him Dazai also looked Atsushi was embarrassed he put the pencil away and got out his laptop to start working and then Kunakida turned to Atsushi "Hey Kid you really shouldn't break pencils." he looked glaring at him Atsushi replied "Oh Sorry I guess I used to much pressure." he said Kunakida walked back to his desk while Dazai was forced to sit on his seat at his desk. After a while the door swung open and the port mafia appeared but no one was surprised since they are working together on a mission Dazai excitedly yelled "CHIBI!" Chuyya looked at Dazai and started yelling at him but Atsushi

continued to work he was so exhausted from not sleeping for 4 days straight but he heard a chough He turned to face Akutagawa, he had a bag and so Atsushi grabbed his brown paper bag and handed it to him Akutagawa did the same then Akutagawa walked away there was dead silence everyone was looking at them Atsushi was confused and then Dazai spoke up "Atsushi what was that?!" Atsushi was even more confused "What do you mean?" Dazai said, "You always fight with him yet you both exchanged presents?" Atsushi looked at him "That wasn't present?" Atsushi didn't know what to say then Chuyya said "Akutagawa what did you give him?!" Akutagawa looked at him and just didn't say anything, Kunakida broke the awkward silence "Ok everybody it's time to get started on the mission." They all worked on locating the target and stuff and getting a plan and will start it in 3 days, After everyone finished everything it was time to go home Atsushi was literally about to collapse but tied his best to stay awake Dazai saw Atsushi and ran up to him "Hey Atsushi you okay you look tired?" Atsushi looked at Dazai and said, "I'm fine, just a bit tired that's all." He then walked off Dazai went back to Chuyya who was walking away, Atsushi was no were near his house and his vision was getting blurry he heard someone but he collapsed all he saw was a black figure running towards him.

Ello I'm just gonna say I don't know where I'm going with this and also open to requests! I am not experienced with writing so don't have high hopes ^_^

word count 1715 :D