Prologue

WASHINGTON D

... WASHINGTON D. C. 1999_

"I'm so excited." my blond-haired best friend said, slightly bouncing in her chair.

I laughed, "Don't get too excited, we don't even know where I will be assigned."

I joined the STRATCOM straight out of high school, making me one of the youngest agents on the academy. It was my dream to become an agent for the white house ever since my parents told me what they did for work. The training I went through was harsh, I couldn't afford to be afraid or weak.

She huffed, my screen slightly shaking due to her movements on the other end. My phone was propped up on my desk, using books to hold up the small device.

"Do you have work tomorrow?" Ashley asked.

Ashley and I have been friends for 10 years, we first met when i stopped some kids picking on her. After that, we've been attached to the hip ever since. Her and I are similar but so different. We share the same interests but she and I look and act like opposites. Ashley has blonde hair and blue eyes. She's very outgoing and loves fashion. I on the other hand have chocolate brown hair and golden brown eyes. I keep to myself most of the time, staying at home reading instead of going out.

I nodded, "My first day as an official agent." I cheered, I just start with paper work then my first assignment will be later.

"Ah, well I must let Special Agent Black get her beauty sleep. Love you Soph." She said blowing me a kiss.

"Ditto." I smiled, ending the call and turning off my phone. Walking over to my bed, i place my phone down before pulling back my black covers getting into the soft warm fabric.

... MARCH 2, 2000_

"Good morning agent," the receptionist smiled at me as I walked into headquarters. I gave her a smile, taking my badge up to the reader to let me in. It had been a year since my 'graduation' at STRATCOM, the only thing I've been doing so far is boring paper work.

The tiled floors clicked under my heeled boots, making the sound echo in the slightly busy room. Nodding towards the people I passed in the hallway, i made my way to the agency room where most of the agents did their reports.

"Well look at this, Special Agent Black is in the building." Kasey, the agent who sat beside my desk teased.

I gave her a small smile as I approached my desk, "Shut up."

Kasey just shrugged using her foot to pull my chair out for me to sit on. I scanned the room as I sat, hoping to see the familiar heart stopping ocean blue eyes.

"He's not here yet," Kasey sung out, propping her feet up on her desk. "You totally have a crush on him, why don't you just shoot your shot?" she asked.

I just gave her a look, pulling a few folders for me to work on. "What makes you think I have a chance? Not only is he a higher ranking than BOTH of us but he's also older than me."

Leon S. Kennedy or mostly known as the Rookie is one of the best in the agency. He joined STRATCOM a lot earlier than I did, rumors went around that he was a survivor of the Raccoon City incident. That's probably why he got in, he definitely seemed a lot darker, probably from experiencing the horrors of that place. Leon was the top agent as well, better than me in almost every way. His skills with knives and guns were outmatched, always being used as a demonstrator in the training sessions I was in at the academy. He was very attractive, his physic was beautiful as if a Greek god had sculpted his body. He had blond hair and these enchanting blue eyes, he could've been a model. Over time, I had developed a crush on him when he would come help train groups.

I always looked forward to the tapes of his training sessions, they were used as a training protocol for all of the trainees. It was always so mesmerizing the way he moved with the other instructor.

The sound of the office door opening caught my attention. Looking up, I saw the familiar blonde walking through the door. Leon had his signature leather jacket on. His hair was slightly disheveled like he had just got out of bed and came straight here.

His blue eyes connected with mine. He gave me a small smile and a slight nod as he walked past.

My eyes widened in shock. I quickly looked away in embarrassment and I could feel my face heating up.

"Sophia," my FOS called to me, making me get up from my chair. I sighed in relief, knowing he saved me from Kasey's teasing.

He smiled as I got closer, "You have an assignment, if you follow me." He waved to me to follow him. A familiar door greeted me as he led me there. My gaze fell on the familiar man as I entered the room. His features looked exactly like the one I've known to love for many years.

"Sophie, it's great to see you." Ashley's dad greeted, holding his arms out to me.

After my parents disappeared, Ashley's parents took me in until I was old enough to live and take care of myself on my own. Her father was like a second dad to me.

I hugged him, "It's a pleasure to see you too. Why am I here if you don't mind me asking?" I asked pulling away.

"I'll get straight to the point. I want you to be assigned to Ashley's protection detail. Since you two are practically sisters, it was not a hard decision on who it should be."

"Of course, I'd be honored!" I said, smiling with glee. Getting up, I shook his hand and walked towards the door.

"Oh, and Sophia," Ashley's father called out to me, making me halt and turn to face him. "Happy 20th birthday," he smiled.

I gave him a sheepish grin, turned back to the door, and placed my hand on the knob, giving it a turn and opening it back into the hallway. Walking out, I gave him one last look before letting the door close behind me and walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 - Edited -