ONE

UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, FALL 2004_

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

... UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, FALL 2004_

"Nah, he's not my type," Ashley said, pulling the sun visors mirror out, checking her self.

I just glanced at her, keeping my eyes on the road. It had been two months since I was assigned to Ashley's protective detail, her and I have always been attached to the hip but being around her this much was starting to put me off. 

I pulled the steering wheel to the left, pulling into the college parking lot. We were there a half hour early. Ashley's class was on the far side of the campus but the only parking accessible was here. I shivered in the cold air. It was the start of Fall, forcing me to retire the nice summer dresses I almost always wore.

Pulling on my navy blue sweatshirt, I grabbed my bag and linked my arm with Ashley's. I decided to wear a plain dark sweatshirt over my cream turtle neck long-sleeve shirt. I had black skinny jeans on with my worn dark brown leather combat boots. My dark brown hair was pulled up into a high ponytail with braids cascading down the tail.

"I still would've given him a chance. Your father would've definitely liked him." I said as we walked down the stone steps leading to the courtyard in the middle of the college. The buildings surrounded the area, making it appear as if it were a huge cage.

There was a small hint of pine in the air, making my sinuses open at the smell. It was a rainy day, making the scenery dull gray. I could feel the raindrops fall slowly on my face. Wiping away the water, I tugged Ashley along with me and picked up my pace.

The class room was slightly fuller than it usually was. Tables lined in rows down to where the teacher was standing. The front lights were off allowing the projector shine its light onto the white screen.

I pulled out the chair closest to me, sitting next to Ashley. My protocol is to always position myself in the entryway so that my body shields Ashley. Despite her being my best friend, I have a job to protect her as the president's daughter.

My eyes focus on the screen in front of me as the professor started to talk, letting my mind wonder to the unknown as Ashley started to take her notes.

"I hate taking that class," Ashley says as I push the lecture hall doors open.

I gave her a look. "You're the one that wanted to get a degree." I said as we walked down the hallways to the entrance.

"I know, I know. Some of us aren't naturally smart like you." Ashley sassed as we made our way down the front steps.

I could feel the cold medal of my combat knife rubbing against my ankle as we stepped down the steps. In order to give the impression that I was a normal student, it was only allowed for me to carry two weapons. The gun I was carrying was strapped to my waist, hidden from view by the sweatshirt that I wore over it.