white roses

*Liv*

"Happy Birthday, Livy.", Pierre sat down next to me on the bench with a big grin.

I slid my phone into my back pocket before my best friend hugged me.

"What's wrong?", he asked, looking at me with concern.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I smiled, or at least tried to.

"Come on.", Pierre laughed "You can fool everyone with that, not me. So, what's going on? Who forgot your birthday?" he poked me in the side "Not me by the way." he pulled a small box out of his pocket and handed it to me "I would have wrapped it but you know I can't.".

I turned the small box in my hand "It's nothing special. But I saw it and it made me think of you.".

I flipped open the box and immediately started laughing. It was a ring that looked like a lightsaber from Star Wars "Oh my god, thank you Pierre!", I laughed and pulled the ring out of the box "I love it. And then in blue too! Like the sword from Anankin!", I wrapped my arms around his neck "Thank you Pierro. It's perfect.".

He pressed a kiss to my cheek "My pleasure.", he smiled as I placed the ring on my middle finger.

"Fits perfectly.", I smirked.

"Now tell me who forgot you. Is it Max? Can I smack him?" he grinned.

"No, my brother thought of me this year and so did Dad before you asked."

"Okay, options are shrinking. Mick never forgets a birthday and Nyck is too scared you'd hate him if he forgot. Oh Esteban?"

"No, and I wouldn't be mad at him if he forgot either."

"You wouldn't?"

"No. He is not my brother, not one of my siblings who are not my biological siblings, and not my best friend. But Esteban was thinking about me. And the third Powerpuff Girl, Lance, too. Loris forgot about me."

"Seriously? Oh man, I told you that Karius guy was no good as a boyfriend! He's a dick and..."

"It's okay. I don't want to hear it right now, okay? It sucks enough that he hasn't even contacted me today, I don't need another..."

"Not even a message? Oh, I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch!" he growled, jumping to his feet when I could hear Max.

"Livy? Are you out here?" he shouted.

"Don't you dare tell him about this!", I hissed to Pierre before raising my voice "Here Maxie.".

He came around the corner with a giant bouquet of white roses "They were just dropped off for you.".

"He didn't forget about me after all." a weight I hadn't known was there fell from my heart.

"They're really beautiful," Pierre said as I accepted the bouquet of fragrant roses.

White roses were my favorite flowers. They had always been, so I was even more pleased that he sent me these flowers.

I soaked up their scent before grinning broadly "I'm going to put them in water so I can take them right back to the hotel," I turned to Pierre once again "Thanks again for the ring Pierro. I love it.".

"What ring?", Max asked and I showed him my middle finger.

At first he rolled his eyes because he thought I was teasing him, then he saw the ring and looked at it more closely and started laughing "That one is really cool.".

Max followed me back to the Red Bull pit. I put the beautiful roses in a vase before pulling out my phone and taking a picture of them and sending it to Loris.