meet the Verstappen's

*Marc*

I was sitting in my hotel room and didn't really want to be here. I hadn't wanted to come, but had had no choice. I didn't feel like celebrating because I knew I had broken something without knowing how to fix it.

Liv had blocked me again, so I couldn't even talk to her.

I could understand. Maybe I had gone too far with the roses. But I wanted her back. I was sure of that, at least. I wanted her back. To hug her again, to smell her....

I wanted her to be with me again, and so I couldn't pretend that I cared about Loris talking to her again.

It was completely selfish, but I didn't care what was going on with him. And I had seen in her eyes how much she missed us. She wanted to come back to me as much as I wanted to come back to her. Even if she had said something different. I couldn't admit to myself that maybe there was someone better suited to her than me. I didn't want to admit to myself that maybe there was someone who understood her better, who loved her more, who would do anything for her, just like I would.

And maybe I went too far, because I wanted her back, even though she had told me to leave her alone.

I wanted it to be like it was before.

Even though I had no right to. I knew that it had been my fault in the first place that we were no longer together. I was the problem and I wanted everything to be like it used to be.

I had absolutely no right to it, but I wanted it anyway.

I wanted her. My Liv.

The knock on my bedroom door made me raise my head. That could only be Alex. He had also been sorely disappointed with how the weekend, or rather Sunday, had gone. He had quite high hopes for the whole thing and the fact that she had come at all had been a sign to him.

He loved her. In his own unique way, but he loved her. And on the one hand it was really sweet, but on the other hand it hurt me beyond belief to see him so disappointed.

I pushed myself up out of the chair and opened the door.

Alex was grinning all over his face. I looked at him a little confused as I left the room and closed the door behind me.

"She's here too." he said excitedly, I looked at him a little more confused "Liv! I saw her!", my heart made an excited beat.

"Are you sure?", I asked, unable to suppress excitement running through me.

"Come on. It's like I don't recognize Livy. I'm sure we'll meet her at the hangar."

"I don't think she'll talk to me. But I'm sure she'll talk to you. You didn't torpedo her relationship and make sure she got knocked out," I bit my lip, Alex laughed.

"Well, the fact that she got knocked out was kind of on me," he said a little meekly, "But no one can stand Leyla anymore. I just did what was long overdue." he laughed as we walked to the elevator "And you just have to try a little harder. It may be that you just got it last time because you were both so young, but now you just have to try harder. You have to fight for it if you really want it," he said seriously, "She was one of the best things that ever happened to you in your life. I think she's worth a little effort."

We reached the hangar and were immediately snapped by some photographers as we walked the red carpet.

Pretty much all the athletes who were under contract with Red Bull had gathered here today. Some were accompanied or with families. And as soon as we were in the building, I could already see the Verstappen family.