Chapter 09

It went like that for a month now.

Sure they live in the same roof, but both of them can count how many times they see each other for the whole month. They never really talk, Wonwoo's busy with his own works while Sehui's busy with her assignments.

They're just like strangers living in the same house.

Sehui's fine with that, it's not that Wonwoo hurt her again after that day.

There are times where they would go to a gathering with Wonwoo's relatives but Sehui really hates that. Sure going to a gathering is fun, but not with Wonwoo's relatives. They keep comparing between Sehui and his ex which is Eunyoung.

Sehui learned that they didn't even know that Eunyoung is no longer alive. Wonwoo lied to them telling Eunyoung left because she wanted to further her studies in Japan. Of course, she wondered why Wonwoo would lie to them.

But she shrugged it off.

There are times when Wonwoo wouldn't come home for days. He left the house early and came back home late, that's why both of them rarely see each other at the house.

"Please, I've been living here for a month. Stop being so formal with me." Sehui muttered before pouting.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I'm still not used to calling you Sehui. I'm scared if sir Wonwoo would hear-"

Ms. Han stopped when she saw Wonwoo standing beside the door of the kitchen. Sehui raised an eyebrow wondering why Ms. Han suddenly stopped, when she noticed Wonwoo, she made a poker face.

Wonwoo signaled Ms. Han to get out of the kitchen.

"Talking to the housemaids?"

"They're the only person I could talk to."

"Suits yourself. You both live under my feet anyways." He said before he sipped his drink.

"Excuse me?"

"Isn't that true?"

"Look, I get that I owed you a lot because you wasted a huge amount of money for me and my dad but looking down on me isn't necessary. You shouldn't look down on the housemaids either. Sure you paid them, but without them, your house wouldn't look clean and neat like this either." She reprimanded, she's had enough of Wonwoo acting so boastful.

"Stop talking like you're perfect when you're also the same. Without me, you won't be able to be the next chairman." She added, peeved.

He snickered.

"You got no idea what you're saying and doing right now could bring consequences, my dear." He smirked.

"What are you gonna do?"

"Do you know that the future of your lovely and adorable dad is in my hand?" He raised an eyebrow.

Sehui gulped.

"Please don't do anything to my dad."

"Then keep your sweet mouth shut."

-

"So.. He never really eat?" Sehui tilted her head as she asked.

"No. Even if we prepared the foods for him, he wouldn't eat saying he's not hungry." Answered Ms. Han.

"Hmm.."

'He left early in the morning without breakfast and came home late skipping dinner. Perhaps, he did had lunch and dinner at the restaurant. But he said he's not hungry, could he be skipping his meals?' She asked herself, inside her mind.

"I'll cook for him." Sehui smiled.

Both Ms. Han and Mrs. Jung stared at her with a questioning look, also a look as if they're asking 'are you sure?' which she found really funny.