Chapter 7

Xiao POV:

I sait there, once again, thinking about everything... as I usually do. The balcony of the Wangshu inn is amazing, the way you can see the stars in the beautiful night sky, the moon illuminating the quiet streets. It makes me feel unworthy of seeing this view. After all, all I've done for so long is just... kill.

I watched carefully as the girl who came here, the traveler... Lumine was her name, I watched as she got better, I watched as she tried her best, I watched as she went back to her room... to cry. Mortals really are so weak... But there's this small feeling in the depths of my being like, I want to comfort her.

She works hard, she's kind...she's just a normal human. There should really be more humans like her, ones that don't go prying into your business every five seconds. I like humans who don't ask too many questions. Most humans will talk simply to occupy silence however, it's not needed, awkwardness is such a stupid concept. Why can't we just be silent... I like how she is also ok with, silence.

I don't know why but, Lumine has my attention, she's the first human in a long time to...capture my attention. It's not even that I like her that much, I just feel that she's alright to be around. Like if she begged me- I might be her travel partner. She wouldn't do that though, she's not like those stupid humans.

He notices a hilichurl on the horizon

Really? A monster at this time of day...how annoying.

Xiao skillfully jumps off of the balcony, quickly running to the hilichurl before defeating it with no hesitation

Ugh-

Why are there always so many monsters? I guess I should thank them though, I wouldn't have existed if Liyue wasn't plagued by beats but... killing them is my purpose. When there's no more monsters... I don't know what I would do. Might as well take my time walking back to the inn.

He stares up at the stars, walking leisurely. He can smell the familiar scent of almond tofu as he walks past... the window is open. Xiao decides to take his time getting up... stopping to sit at the tables below.

I wonder what will happen to Lumine... she's an adventurer, she'll probably die one day, traveling. I hope she doesn't, she's not bad, for a human...

A/N: Another short chapter I'm sorry ///