16 | walk through fire.

Screams filled the air. Explosions destroyed building after building. Debris was everywhere. The streets that were once filled with happy civilians were now filled with fallen bodies and warriors fighting tooth and nail with one another. The sounds of metal scraping metal filled the air. Bellona was giving her all against her opponent. Her mind was focused on one thing; bloodlust.

Bellona raged as she fought through her enemies. Each swing is deadlier than the last. She fought against the Marauders, each one falling quickly to her blade. She was living up to her title of Goddess of War. She threw one final blow to her enemy and watched his body fall to the ground. She cleaned her blade on his fallen body as she was shortly joined by Sif.

"The locals say that there are people trapped in a nearby barn. I could use your help," she asked. Bellona nodded and followed the Asgardian. The two rushed to the edge of the battlefield, looking at the barn that was engulfed in flames.

The two rushed into the barn, avoiding as many of the flames as they possibly could. Once they were in, dark smoke filled the air, making it harder to breathe and see. The two split up and began calling out to anyone who may still be in the barn.

Faintly, Bellona heard the sound of a woman calling out. Bellona tried to follow the voice, calling out for them. She heard them speaking in another language. She placed a hand over her mouth, coughing from all the smoke she was inhaling. After avoiding as much debris, she finally found the woman.

She had a foot crushed under a fallen beam. Bellona tried to calm the woman but the woman spoke in a foreign language, confused by the words the Goddess was saying. Bellona placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, hoping it would be enough to calm her.

"I'm going to lift this off you," Bellona explained. The woman looked at her confused but once Bellona placed her hand on the beam, she realized what she meant. Bellona readied herself and let out a small grunt as she began to lift the beam. Once the beam was high enough, she was able to free her leg but let out a pained cry.

"Don't worry, I've got you," Bellona tried to calm the woman. She placed an arm around the woman and tried to help alleviate the weight off her bad leg. The two tried to walk through the flames. The smoke was getting worse and it made it harder and harder to see the exit. It wasn't until Bellona saw the faint glimpse of sunlight. But their luck took a sour turn when the sound of a loud crack rang out.

A beam from above them came crashing down and Bellona had to push the woman out of the way. The door was now covered in flames and the broken beam. She let out a curse in Latin and tried to look for an exit. She could barely make out where she was. The smoke was filling her lungs and she was coughing. Her throat was dry from the lack of oxygen she was getting and her chest began to ache. There was no way the Goddess of War was going to die in a barn, right?

The injured woman began to speak with Bellona frantically. Neither of them could understand the other; it was like speaking to a brick wall. The flames around the two grew stronger and closer. It was beginning to scare Bellona. Was she really about to die?

She closed her eyes and said a small prayer. She hadn't done that in so long and it seemed useless. Prayer was something humans did to their gods, to people like Bellona. She didn't know who would listen, but she needed someone or something to save her. The flames grew closer, the heat growing hotter and hotter the closer it got.

This was the end, wasn't it? Bellona let out a final breath as if she had accepted her fate. But it seemed as if fate had something else planned.

A loud crash was heard from the roof. A hole was created in the roof and it allowed the smoke to leave slowly. Bellona looked up and saw lightning come crashing down. The blonde-haired Asgardian came to her aid.