5| rising tension.

Bellona glanced down at her phone, looking at Minerva's phone number. She wanted nothing more than to tell her sister about what she was doing. But she knew how secretive this SHIELD was, and there was the lack of cell phone towers thousands of feet into the sky. She was keeping something hidden from her sister, and she hated it.

She put her phone back into the pocket of her red leather jacket and made her way through the halls of the helicarrier. On her way, she passed a room where she saw Bruce and Tony doing their research on Loki's staff. 

She knew this was well out of their league. Mortals shouldn't be dealing with things they don't understand. She knew the staff was something out of this world, out of her own world at that, and it being in their grasp could be catastrophic. But she knew she needed to trust them. 

She kept walking until she found herself back in the main control room. She leaned against a railing, looking down at all the SHIELD agents as they rushed across the room, feeding each other new information. She watched as some typed away at their computers. 

Everything was so advanced. She had never seen any place like this. How long had they been operating? she wondered. How have we've not learned of this sooner? So many questions, but she knew getting answers would prove to be difficult.

Her eyes eventually fell on Thor, watching him as he walked with Agent Coulson and talked. She wasn't close enough to hear what their conversation was, but with one glance to the computer they were surrounding and seeing a woman's photo, she put it all together. He was talking about the mortal he fell in love with; Jane Foster.

She's pretty, Bellona thought. One would think that once you found love, you'd do anything to be with that person. But Thor doesn't seem to be with her, which confused Bellona. Although, Thor was a God, a Prince of Asgard. Jane was just a mortal from Midgard, they came from two different worlds. Bellona's lips dropped slightly.

She watched as Coulson and Thor walked away from the computers, talking further. Unknowingly, she followed them, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"In my youth, I courted war," Thor told Coulson. Bellona swallowed hard. Courting war was something she was all too familiar with. It was her drive, yet something that brought more harm to her life. She could hear the tone in his voice, he sounded full of regret.

It wasn't until the sound of Fury's voice that snapped her out of her train of thought.

"War hasn't started yet," he said. "You think you could make Loki tell us where the Tesseract is?" He asked Thor.

"I do not know," he replied as he shook his head. "Loki's mind is far afield. It's not just power he craves, it's vengeance, upon me. There's no pain would prise his need from him." Fury began walking down the stairs, getting closer to Thor.

"A lot of guys think that until the pain starts."

Thor's eyes went up, meeting Fury's. "What are you asking me to do?"

"I'm asking, what are you prepared to do?"

"Loki is a prisoner."

"Then why do I feel like he's the only person on this boat that wants to be here?" Fury pointed out. It began to make Bellona wonder.  Loki gave up easily, and Bellona never knew him to do such a thing. He was always a fighter. Something about it felt...off. 

Once Fury left Thor's side, Bellona walked over to him. 

"What if Fury is right about Loki," she began. "He didn't put up much of a fight against Rogers or Stark. That's not the Loki we know."

"I know," he agreed. "But I don't understand. What does he get out of being captured?"

"That's the million dollar question."