1| dinner for one.

The water sent a burning sensation throughout her hand as it came in contact with the broken skin. One would think she'd be used to it after all this time, yet her body always reacted negatively. She mentally cursed herself for getting carried away with boxing, knowing full and well how aggressive she'd get. But there was nothing she could do now, except for deal with the aftermath.

"I told you not to go too far," Minerva called out to her. Bellona looked over her shoulder, giving her sister a small glare, which only earned her a smirk in response.

"You know how stubborn I can be, sister," she responded. Once the blood was cleared from her skin, she turned off the faucet and wrapped her hand in a towel, gently dabbing over the sensitive skin. Minerva gabbed the first aid kit that rested beside her on the couch and approached her sister in the kitchen, setting it onto the counter.

"You also let your anger get the best of you."

Bellona remained silent at the comment. She knew her sister was right. She's always been a hothead, letting her emotions get the best of her. At times, it was helpful, then in other instances, it was a weakness of hers. She opened the kit and grabbed a bandaid and placed it over the cut.

"He brings an ugly side out of me," Bellona finally said, refusing to make eye contact with her sister. He, meaning her ex-husband Mars. Things between them didn't end on such a positive note and Mars makes sure to remind her of their downfall every chance he gets. "He knows exactly what to say that'll push me over the edge. He taunts me with snide comments. I hate seeing him at our annual meetings."

At least once a year, the Gods would meet together in secret to discuss any important events that may have occurred within the year, any changes and status of how things on Earth is. Each meeting required every God and Goddess to meet and discuss these changes and find ways to deal with them.

"As do I, though my distain for him is not as great as yours." Minerva felt for her sister, she truly did. She placed a caring arm around her shoulders and Bellona laid her head on Minerva's shoulder. "At least you don't have to worry about seeing him for another year."

"I wish I didn't have to see him for the rest of my life," Bellona mumbles.

"Well, that'll be impossible. Unless someone were to kill him." Bellona then lifts her head and gives her sister a look, Minerva instantly realizing what she was thinking and quickly shook her head. "My god, Bellona. You should know better than to think of killing another God."

"No one will miss him," she shot back. "Besides, if they need another God of War, I'll be happy to fill in that spot. I'm basically the same thing, and even better."

"Father would have your head if he heard you speak like that," Minerva warned.

Bellona placed a gentle hand on her sister's shoulder and smile softly. "You know father loves me dearly, he wouldn't do that to me. Besides, he dislikes Mars as well. I'll be doing him a favor."

"Father dislikes a lot of the Gods, yet they're still around. They're important and you cannot get rid of one and disrupt the balance we've spent millennia putting into place."

Bellona puts her hands up in defeat, letting out a few chuckles. "Alright, alright. I'll let him live...for now." She earns herself a glare, which she responds by hugging her sister. "Thank you," she whispered. "For coming here after the meeting and talking. I needed it."

"Of course, Bellona," she tightens her grip for a moment before pulling away. "I should be returning to London. I'm expecting a shipment later today."

"Still collecting old Greek and Roman artifacts I see," Bellona said.

Minerva smiled and nodded. "Yes, it's one of the best ways to feel connected to our past."