18| honesty.

"Another!" A man roared. The crowd cheered at his words, hollering and dancing with one another. This celebration was a long time coming. Asgard had been fighting against the Mauraders and gained an important victory. For once, they saw the light at the end of a dark tunnel that was affecting the nine realms for over a year.

Bellona sat beside Volstagg, watching him as he laughed with Fandral. Honestly, it felt nice being included in a celebration like this. It reminded her a bit of home when Olympus used to have their celebrations. Though everyone was welcoming, she still felt like an outsider.

She watched as Volstagg stood and danced with a woman who was sitting nearby. The two laughed as they danced wildly through the crowd. Everyone clapped in sync with the music and Bellona joined along. It was beautiful. Watching everyone be happy, for just a brief moment, being able to forget about the troubles they faced from the war.

She watched a couple, dancing blissfully with one another. The man had his arms wrapped around the woman, holding her tight. Smiles plastered on their faces. She didn't need to know them to understand the love and happiness they felt with one another. It was beautiful, yet painful to watch. Bellona never got to enjoy something like that.

She was envious.

Bellona stood up and made her way out of the building, wanting to give herself a moment of peace. She approached a railing and leaned against it, looking out from the balcony at the lit-up streets of Asgard.

"Beautiful," a deep voice called out. Bellona smile, knowing immediately who the voice belonged to.

"It is," she agreed. Thor joined her side, looking down at the city. "It never gets old," she paused before taking a deep breath. She wanted to soak up this view; this moment. The calm air was soothing, something she didn't realize she missed. She turned her head, her eyes meeting Thor's face.

Something was off.

A small smile was on his lips, but it didn't seem normal. His face looked almost pained as if he was forcing it. Her eyes softened and she place a gentle hand on his arm.

"Is something wrong?" She asked. He shook his head and let out a forced laugh. His eyes seemed glued to the city.

"Heimdall spoke to me about Jane," he finally said. Bellona's heart sunk at his words. Of course, he'd get updates on the woman he loved. Having someone like Heimdall made it easy, but she knew it was painful for him to not be able to be with her.

"Is she okay?" She asked. He nodded.

"She's safe but angry. I can understand why. I left and never came back. It's warranted," he said. Bellona shook her head. She needed to be a good friend, no matter her personal feelings.

"You are a Prince of Asgard and sadly, the crown is a heavy burden. She may not understand now, but she will someday. Don't be so hard on yourself."

"It's not just that," he muttered. He looked at Bellona and opened his mouth to speak, only to immediately close it and look away from her. What was he going to say? He let out a sigh before rubbing the back of his neck.

"What is it, Thor?" She pressed, but he didn't cave. What was on his mind? She wanted to help him, be there for him the way he's been there for her. But he needed to let her in.

"Talk to me, Thor," she pleaded. She grabbed his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. He returned a gentle squeeze and it made her heart flutter. Her eyes met his and it seemed like the whole world stopped. Everything around them faded, it was almost like they were the only two on the planet. Their eyes searched one another, almost as if they were searching for answers.