Chapter 2. New job shopping spree.

"Y/N!! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" I hear Penelope scream waking me up from my comfortable sleep. "God, give me a minute you priss. Not everyone wakes up at 7 in the morning." I groan, rolling my eyes. I get out of bed, stretching every muscle in my body. I slug down the stairs, my feet barely leaving the carpet floor. "Ahh, good morning sleepy head." The blonde sings sweetly while making coffee. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I mumble, "So, I'm guessing you have a job. I'm also guessing that means I'm gonna be home alone until you get back if you get a case today." I sigh, Penny's had this job since I graduated college. 

   "Oh, you don't have a job?" She questions, "No Penny, I don't. I dropped it because of Blake." I grumble, secretly cursing her for making me remember Blake. "Hm, well we have an agent opening at the BAU.." I cut her off before she can finish her sentence," What!? You're telling me that now?! Jesus Pen, Talk to your boss!" I squeal, my heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. "Alright, alright, Ms. Bossy, I'll ask my boss." She squeaks, grabbing her purse, and walking out the door.

   When I see Penelope's car pull out of the driveway, I turn on some music. I clean throughout the house, I mean the least I can do is be a good sister. She is letting me stay as long as needed. I continue cleaning until I hear the front door open. "N/M, I'm home!" Penny shouts from inside. "You're home early?" I say walking over to help her. "Yeah, it was just a paperwork day, so-" She pauses. "Is everything okay?" I mumble trying to break her daze. "You.. You cleaned the house!" She squeals while pulling me into a hug. "Oh- uh yeah, I did." I remark awkwardly. "Is that okay?" I sigh, hoping I haven't made her mad. "Is that okay!? God it's more than okay! I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to clean. Oh my god, the house looks amazing!" She rambles on about the house while I just stand next to her trying to listen. 

   "Look at these count- Oh my god! I almost forgot to tell you!" She whips around to face me almost headbutting our heads together. "Tell me what Penny?" I question. "My boss said that you meet the needed traits and degrees to get the position!" She squeals, "Oh my- Are you serious?!" I jump in excitement. "Yes! Completely serious! You start tomorrow!" She grabs onto my shoulders before continuing her words. "So, this means... A shopping spree!!!" she squeals out the rest of her words. "Why? I have clothes." I raise my brow confused, "Honey, you're gonna need more than just sweat pants and a tee-shirt." she says seriously. "Well then, I guess we should go." I state awkwardly.

   "Ugh! No! You have to be professional!!" Penelope groans, "I'm trying!" I sarcastically cry. "Well not hard enough!" she groans once more, throwing her hands in the air. "You're lucky I already picked out clothes." She retorts walking away.

   "What!? Then why'd you make me pick out clothes!" I groan, following behind her. "I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt sugar, you just showed I shouldn't have" She giggles while walking to the cashier. "Wow Penny, just wow." I giggle back trying to sound sarcastic. We walk out the store doors making our way to my car. "Hey, is it okay to be nervous?" I ask Penny while putting the keys in the ignition. "Is it okay? Honey, it's more than okay. It's your first job in a while, and it's guns a blazin too. It's okay to be nervous." She reassures me.

   "Thank you, I feel a bit better now." I sigh, feeling all the pressure lift off my shoulders. I turn the car on, and speed out of the parking lot. "Well you're sure as hell gonna be a good chase runner" She laughs, "What do you mean by that?" I follow along with her laugh. "I mean, when the team has to chase people in their cars, you're gonna be good at it. God, have you ever seen a crime show?" She laughs harder, making me snort.