Chapter 4. The first case.

"Alright my lovelys, sorry to bother you but we have a case." Penny says walking to the meeting room. I shoot out of my chair. 'Shit. A case!? On my first day. God. This is just great.' I think to myself while walking behind the rest of the group. I sit down next to Emily waiting for everyone else to arrive. There was an empty seat next to me, so it's easier for me to see the board. I was looking over the board until a familiar tall figure sits in the empty seat next to me. 'Great. Now I can't see.' I look over a little more to see who's sitting in front of me. 'Great, even fucking better. Spencer.' I roll my eyes while leaning back into my chair. "Alright Garcia, what do we have?" I hear Hotchner say as he walks into the room. "Well, in the last week 3 girls have been abducted from their homes in Austin, Texas." Penelope says showing the pictures of the missing girls. "And that has to do with us, how?" Derek asks, leaning forward. 

   "See that's the interesting part. All 3 girls have the same facial features, hair color, eye color, etc. Austin police also found the abductor's signature mark on the girl's bedroom walls." Penny states showing us yet another picture, but of the girls' rooms. "And none of the 3 girls have been found?" I question trying to get more data. "That's right sugar. The only other evidence we have of the girls is their blood on the carpet of their house." Penny states winking at me. "Wheels up in 30." Hotch says while walking to his office. I get up, walking to my desk to grab my go bag. "Hey, Y/N, are you okay?" I hear Emily ask as she places her hand on my shoulder. "Yeah, I'm alright. Why?" I question turning around to look at her. "Well we noticed you seemed a little weird when Spence sat next to you at the round table." JJ says walking up behind Emily. "Oh, Uh no. I just couldn't see. That's all." I laugh trying to play it off.

   I get in the van with Emily, JJ, and Spencer. The girls make me sit in the back with Spencer. I lean against the window looking out when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look over at Spencer who has a typed note on his phone.

*Hey, Sorry about earlier. Here's my number so we can talk without the girls butting in*

I smile at the message but comply and type his number in my phone.

Me: So are you always a smart ass, or just towards me?

Spencer: No, I promise I'm a nice guy. I just had a bad morning and didn't know we were getting a newbie. I'm so sorry.

Me: C'mon man, calm down. I'm just fuckin with you ;P

Spencer: Oh, right.

After reading Spencer's text I see him physically facepalm his forehead. 'Oh, that's cute..' I sit wide eyed, trying to process what my head just said. 'Woah woah. Nope. Not happening. Nuh uh. He's my coworker. Not a boy I can date'  While internally fighting with myself, I guess Emily noticed. "Hey Garcia, Why's your face so red?" Her voice is sly, I can tell she knows something. 

  JJ and Spencer both look at me. "What!? Nothing, I'm fine!" My voice cracks in the middle of my sentence 'You've got to be fucking joking' I stare at the 3 who are just intently staring at my red face. "Okay! It's nothing, It's just really hot in here!" I exclaim trying to save my ass. Thankfully it works and they leave me alone.

   We arrive at the jet and I step outside with my bag. "Holy shit." I mumble to myself in complete amazement. "All our new kids do that, you'll get used to it over time." A man says, placing his hand on my shoulder. I look at him puzzled, raising my eyebrow. "Oh, right. We haven't met. I'm David Rossi. And you're Y/N Garcia. Penelope can't keep her mouth shut about you" He laughs while we walk to the jet door. "Wow, everyone isn't wrong when they say they know a lot about me." I laugh awkwardly. 

  I look around to find a seat, the only seat I find is next to Spencer. I walk over to him, giving him a warm smile before sitting down. When I sit down, I notice him move his head away from a book. "Are you ready for your first case?" His eyes glancing over at me. "Yeah, I am." I say with some enthusiasm. I put earbuds in to listen to music, but I guess not too long after, I fell asleep.