Chapter 12. I love you.

I hear my alarm on my phone go off, "God.. I guess 7 couldn't come later." I sit up rubbing my eyes. "Penny! Are you awake?" I shout, standing up. "Yes sugar! I'm downstairs, your coffee is ready for you!" I smile at her words, slipping on my slippers as I walk downstairs. "Did you make breakfast too?" I take in the smell, "Yep, pancakes are on the counter." She smiles at me, "Do I ever mention how much I love you?" I sigh, putting a couple pancakes on my plate. "Only everyday, sweets." I sit down next to her, sitting the pancakes in front of me. "Okay, so I'm probably going to be gone all day today." I pull a fork full of pancakes to my mouth waiting for a response. "Mhm, and why is that?" I can just feel her glare. I finish the bite that I have in my mouth, "Spencer and I are going on a date, is that an issue?" I raise my eyebrow. "Oh! Well jeez, why didn't you just say that! I'm going up stairs to pick out an outfit. Hurry up and eat your pancakes!" And within those two seconds of her squealing sentence, she runs upstairs. I roll my eyes and finish my pancakes. "Penny, I'm washing my plate. I'll be there in a second!" I shout walking to the sink, and turning on the water. Of course I don't get a response, she's probably somewhere in my closet. I let the warm water run over my hands for a moment before washing the plate.

I turn the water off, and walk over to the stairs. I hesitate before walking up the stairs, hopefully whatever she picks out I won't look like an idiot. I walk up the stairs to my room to see most of my clothes scattered everywhere. "Jesus Penny!" I groan, looking at the mess. "I'll clean this when you leave. Here, put this on." She hands me a baggy pair of cargo pants with a short cropped tee-shirt that has the word breeze labeled on it with a graffiti style. I walk to the bathroom changing into the clothes. I slip the shirt on and look in the mirror. "Okay, not so bad. Actually.. I look really good." I smile at myself in the mirror before walking out the door. "Oh I also have your Nike's picked out-..." Penny looks at me with her mouth hanging open. "Penny? You're gonna catch flies with your mouth hanging open like that." I snort, pushing the bottom of her chin to close her mouth. I grab the shoes out of her hand and sit on my bed to put them on. "You look amazing! Let's just get some mascara and lip gloss and you're all done!" She squeals, rummaging through my vanity. She grabs a clear shimmery lip gloss and my mascara, applying it to my face. "Annnnd... Done!" She pulls away from my face, looking at me. "You look amazing!" She squeals, "Okay, well this girl here is gonna be late for her date if she doesn't leave now." I state, running down the stairs. "Okay well, be safe! I love you!" Penny shouts from upstairs. "Love you too!" I shout back running out the door to my car.

I get to the coffee shop, putting my car in park. I look in my rearview mirror making sure everything looks like before, and it does. I walk out of the car and jog into the coffee shop. "Hey hon, how may I help you?" I walk up to the service counter to see a woman, "Oh uh, is Spencer Reid here yet?" I ask, fiddling with my fingers. "Oh! He's at the last table to the left!" She points towards Spencer, "Thank you so much." I smile before walking over to the table. I reach the seat across from Spencer, and sit down. "Hey Spencer" I huff, panting from all the jogging. "Did you run here? Also, you were almost a second late." He states looking at his watch. "Well, I'm glad I ran." I roll my eyes dramatically and lean against the seat. I'm finally able to catch my breath and I lean against the table. "Okay, so after coffee what are we doing?" I ask, fiddling with a straw wrapper. "I was thinking we could go to the park and just walk around for a little." I look up to see he's staring out the window. "You alright?" I put the straw wrapper down and put my hand on top of his. "Hm? Oh yeah. I'm alright. Just thinking of what else we should do today." His attention is back on me. "Hm, maybe instead of the park we could go to the science museum, I love museums and you love science, so win, win?" I ask. "Yeah, let's go there. Grab your coffee." His smile finally shows when I brought up the museum. I stand up, grabbing my coffee and linking hands with Spencer. "There's a museum about 20 minutes from here." He states while we walk out the door. "Okay, I'll follow behind you." I walk over to my car, waiting for him to leave the parking lot.

I follow close behind Spencer's car to the best of my capability. I see him turn into a parking lot, so I follow him. I park beside him and climb out of my car. "Spence this isn't the museum, what are we doing here?" I ask, walking towards him. But the only response he gives me is a nod and grabbing my hand dragging me to only god knows where. "Spencer what the hell is going on?" I demand, "Just wait, you'll see. Stop being so impatient." I scoff at his words but comply. Finally he stops, pulling me beside him. I pay attention to the view, taking it all in. We're on a cliff, or a hill. But it's a beautiful view of the city, the clouds, the birds, the buildings, the sun glowing down on everything. "Spencer, this is beautiful!" I gasp, tightening my grip on his hand a little. "I come here when I need some space, or need time to cool down and think about things. I remembered it about 5 minutes into the drive, figured it would be better than the museum." He looks down at me, breaking any space that was between us. "Y/N, the moment we decided to be more than just friends, or coworkers, or teammates... Was the moment I realized I found someone who I genuinely love. I was grieving over Maeve for a long time.. I was grieving over Gideon for a long time, and you just pulled me out of that dark space. I never believed in love completely, I was always convinced that it is just chemicals mixing together to create more life. And maybe it is, but you just standing here with me... Completely changes my perspective on it. I've read books after books, hell I have an IQ of 180, yet you... You changed my belief on science, on something I've followed my whole life." His eyes brimming with tears but a smile I've never seen before, I admire his vulnerability appreciating every moment of it.  "Spencer.." I smile at him, the tears falling down his face, making the ones in my eyes fall too. "Y/N... I love you" Those words ring in my ears. Then another familiar ring comes back, the sound of the glass wall that I came in contact with before. But the rest of it shattering down. The feeling in my chest, the warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. "Spence.. I love you too."