Chapter 7. A new feeling.

"Y/N! I'm back with the food!" Spencer calls walking in the front door. "Foodd!!" I jump off the counter, running towards him. He places the food on the island in his kitchen. "Okay, I didn't know what you'd want so I got one of everything." He sighs, rubbing the back of his neck. "As long as you got orange chicken I'm happy." I giggle, skipping over to the food. "God, this smells so good." I moan, smelling the aroma of the food. "You really like Chinese food, don't you?" He laughs, while grabbing plates out of the cabinet. I look down to see chopsticks in one of the bags. "Uh.. Hey Spence.." I say awkwardly. "Hm?" He hums while sitting the plates next to the food. "Can I possibly have a fork... I don't know how to use chopsticks." I stand awkwardly. He looks at me with this teasing look in his eyes, "You don't know how to use chopsticks?" He gasps dramatically. "No, I don't Mr. Genius, I may be book smart, but I'm not that smart." I giggle, poking his arm. "Well, you're in luck. Because I have no idea how to use them either." He laughs, grabbing forks out of a drawer. "Awe, you ass!" I whine. 

   I put food on my plate, and walk to the couch, sitting my plate on a t.v tray. Spencer sits next to me, he puts on a t.v show I've never seen before. "Alright! Dr. Who time!" I squeak, tilting my head towards the t.v. "Hell yeah!" He fist bumps the air,  "Wow, you really like this show don't you?" I tease, while eating. "Uh, yeah. Who doesn't?" I giggles.

   About 30 minutes into the 4th episode, I hear Spencer lightly snoring. "Spencer.." I whisper, poking his arm. "Hmmmm." I hear him groan. "Spencer, it's time to go to bed." I whisper just a little louder. "Mhm.." He sighs. sitting up, stretching. "Alright sleepyhead. Up we go" I sigh, helping him to his room. I walk him to his bed, and watch him cuddle in. "Alright, good night, Spence." I hum, walking to the door. "Y/n.." I turn around to see him sitting up. "What's up?" I question, leaning against the door frame. "Can you sleep in here?" He yawns, patting the empty side of his bed. "Yeah sure, is everything okay?" I smile at his sweet gesture. He just nods and walk towards the bed. 

   Without saying a word, I crawl into the empty side of the bed, cuddling into the covers. He rolls around facing me. "It's weird.." I whisper, "What's weird?" He asks sleepily. "Us, I don't know.. It's just different. I've never felt this way." I sigh quietly. "I understand. It's been a long time since I've had a girlfriend." He sighs. I can see tears brimming his eyes. "What happened to her?" I ask. "She was abducted. I was so close to getting her away from him.. But.. things changed." He sniffles. "Hey, hey. It's okay.. You don't have to explain anymore." I smile, wiping a tear away from his face. "Let's just get some sleep okay? We have work in the morning." I sigh. I roll over my back facing him, I feel his arm wrap around my waist pulling me towards him. I jolt slightly at his quick movements, but let sleep take me away.

   "Y/N, time to wake up." I hear Spencer whisper. I flutter my eyes open to see him staring at me. "Well good morning to you too." I smile.  We stare at each other for a while, his eyes shining from the sunlight. The gorgeous honey tint. "Alright, As much as I hate to break this up. We've got to get ready." I sigh, sitting up, and stretching. I climb out of  his bed walking to the small pile of clothes that I brought. "Ugh, I don't know what to wear." I groan looking through the small pile. "Hm, just wear something casual. Like a button up and some slacks." Spencer hums looking through his closet. I find a gray button up, with some black slacks to match. I walk to the bathroom to change. I put my clothes on, checking myself in the mirror. I do my normal makeup routine and straighten my hair. I walk out of the bathroom to see Spencer waiting for me at the front door. "Come on slowpoke." He laughs, opening the door. We walk to his car and make our way to the BAU.

   We pull into a parking spot. We get out of the car, walking into the elevator. Spencer notices my anxiety and holds my hand. "Stupid elevators." I laugh nervously. The elevator dings which is a hint for Spencer and I to release our hands, but he doesn't let go. He just drags me to his desk without a word. "Uh, Spencer? Is everything okay?" I ask, confused by his behavior. "We have to tell Hotch. We're coworkers and without talking to him, we could get fired." He states, letting go of my hand. "Spencer, we just started seeing each other. Don't you think we should wait a little? Just to see if it works out.." I press, a little concerned. 'Somethings wrong. We have to talk before he irrationalizes.' 

   "Spencer, let's go outside to talk first." I say cautiously, walking to the elevator. Thankfully the team isn't here yet so we have a little time. We walk out the elevator and I turn around to face him. "Spencer, is everything okay? You seem frantic." I question, placing my hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" He replies. His voice is different. It's not his normal tone. "Spencer.. You're lying. I can tell. What's wrong?" I demand, grabbing onto his hand. "I'm just worried." He sighs. 'There it is.' "Worried about what, Spencer?" I question, looking into his eyes. "We did this a little too fast, and I'm scared. Garcia told me that you just got out of an abusive relationship, and I'm still grieving over Maeve. I don't know, I'm just confused, and scared." He sighs. His eyes never meeting mine. 'Maeve.. She must be his ex..' "Spencer.. We can do this slowly, go out on dates. Have movie nights where we go over to one another's house. We did run into this too fast. But it's okay." I reassure, moving my hand from his. "I can tell that what happened to Maeve hurt you a lot. And I know you're still grieving. So let's step back a couple spaces, and start fresh." I smile trying to keep him in a good mood. He nods his head and we make our way back to the bullpen.

   "Ah, there you are sugar. I need to steal you for a couple seconds." I hear Penny say as I walk through the glass doors. "Oh, uh okay." I mumble, she grabs my arm pulling me into her office. "So! You and Spencer!" She squeals, shutting her door and turning around. "Well... Sorta?" I say, even questioning my words. "Sorta?" She says disappointed. "Well, we're taking things slow. I've only been here for a little over a month. So we're being responsible adults." I sigh. "Oh, sooo you guys are taking things slow?" She asks. "Yes, Penny. Now I have to go to work." I laugh walking out of her office. 'I wish she wasn't so nosy. But I'm kinda glad she is.' I walk to my desk, sitting in my chair. "Hey dollface, whatcha up to?" Derek asks, leaning against my desk. "Oh, so you don't just do that with Penny." I laugh, looking through my paperwork. "Gotta keep the flirting in the works baby." He smiles, winking at me. "Alright, My chocolate prince. Enough flirting, we have a case." Penny says, walking to the round table. "Dammit." I groan, following behind the team.