Chapter 16. Things did not play out well.

"Where are you taking me!" I spit, my hands tied together with two zip ties. "You'll see, I've been waiting for you." I see his smirk in the rearview mirror, "You're disgusting. What, was the first time so good that you had to come back for seconds?" I laugh sarcastically "Shut your mouth bitch." I smile at his attempt of intimidation. "Awe, looks like you got a little feistier too. But there's something you don't know." I pause to lean near his ear. "I'm not the scared little girl that you tortured 6 years ago." His knuckles tighten around the steering wheel, I can tell he's pissed. 'This'll be fun' I groan to myself. There's nothing but sand, and maybe a couple dried up plants here and there. "Classic rapist. Show's you're weak, can't handle being around people so you don't get caught. Oh! And don't let me forget how well you did staging Candie's death! Classic way to frame someone." I spit, trying to piss him off more. "I told you to shut up." He spits back, "And I kept talking, so that means I don't give a shit" I look down to see if he took anything from me. My gun, my phone, everything. Still on me. I pull out my phone calling Hotch, turning down my volume so Mateo can't hear. "So, you know that kidnapping and raping a federal agent is at least a half life sentence, but on top of that! You killed 4 women! That's a most definite life sentence." I unclip my gun from the holster, "And if you don't turn this car around in 3 seconds, I will personally kill you myself." I press the gun to his temple, my mouth right next to his ear. "Go ahead, kill me." He laughs, looking at me from the rearview mirror. "I'm your only source of getting back." I climb in the front passenger seat "Listen here, it's either I kill you, or you go to prison and those men will make you their bitch." I spit, picking up my phone. "Hotch, did Penny track the call?" I ask, putting the phone to my ear. "Yeah, on our way now." I hang up the phone with a big smile plastered on my face. "Now it's I kill you or they do. Pick one." I spit, moving my gun away from his head. He stops the car and gets out. "If you can kill me without your gun, then you win." I get out of the car, setting my gun on the roof of it.

   "Alright, let's go then" I step in front of him, taking my vest off and throwing it on the sand. "Good luck baby doll" I look at him in disgust. "Then only people who can call me those names are my boyfriend, my sister, and a very good colleague of mine. So call me that again, and I'll knock your teeth down your throat. Got it?" I step closer to him, my hands at my side. "I asked if you understood." I'm only inches from him, nothing but tension and anger between us. "Garcia!" I turn my head to see the team running towards me. "Oh thank god" I sigh, only for my moment of happiness being cut off by a gunshot, and piercing pain in my stomach. I look down, realizing he had a gun this whole time. "You... Son of a bitch" I cough, I feel small blood droplets touch my chin. I hear another gunshot and watch Mateo fall to the ground, I follow not too long after. I lay on the hot sand, holding my stomach so blood doesn't leave too quickly. "Shit, stay with me. Keep your eyes open okay? Let's talk about how stupid that officer was today." Derek says frantically, "Yeah, he was a total ass" I smile weakly, my eyes fluttering. "Don't you do this. Keep your eyes open!" He shouts, pressing my hand on my stomach a little harder. "If I don't make it.. Tell Spencer I love him.. And tell Penny she's the greatest sister I could've ever asked for. Tell Rossi that I'm glad he could be my work dad. Tell Hotch that he's a good boss. Tell Emily and JJ that they're the greatest friends I could've ever had. And Derek, thank you for everything. For breaking me out of my shell to get closer to the team, and for being an amazing friend and teammate." I smile, tears falling down the corners of my eyes. "Don't say that. You're gonna get through this." His voice sounds so broken. I close my eyes, but they won't open back up.

Derek's POV

   "Baby girl, stay with me." I pat the side of her face lightly then check for a pulse. "Damnit where the hell is the ambulance!" I shout, the rest of the team jogging towards me. "The ambulance is pulling up. Is she okay?" I stare at Hotch like he just said an oxymoron. "No Hotch, if the ambulance doesn't get here she's gonna die" I say dryly. "Oh my god.. I gotta keep Spence away from this." JJ says running over to I guess keep him away. "Reid's gonna want to ride with her. I'll be there too, it's fine." I look at Emily as a 'Go tell JJ it's okay'. Finally the ambulance EMTs get there and rush her to their vehicle. "Dr. Reid and I are riding with her. No ifs ands or buts. Got it?" I pat the EMTs shoulder and climb in behind Reid. "God, look at her.." Reid sighs, I can see tears falling down his face. "I let it happen again.. How could I? Damnit Morgan, why weren't you there to help her!" He looks just like he did when Maeve died. "Reid, Prentiss and I both got hit, we didn't expect him. She's gonna be fine." I sigh, looking at the weak girl in the stretcher, but I notice something else. Reid's holding her hand tightly. "How much longer until we're at the hospital. "About 4 minutes, her pulse is light, but it's still there." I nod and mouth a 'thank you' to the EMT. I put my hand on Reid's shoulder, waiting until we get to the hospital.