Chapter 20. An "argument" gone sideways(Pt.2)

"Oh the smell of pumpkin, I love home" I sigh happily, flopping on the couch. "You and me both sis" Penny snorts, throwing her purse on the in-table. "Can we watch a movie and eat snacks?" I ask, sitting up. "Of course my love" She smiles, she starts to walk to the kitchen, but we both stop in motion when we hear a knock on the door. The whole team is home, and if they were coming over they would've called. I grab my gun, motioning Penny to hide behind the wall. I walk slowly to the door, holding my gun in front of me. I take a deep breath, opening the door. "Woah! It's just me!" Spencer squeaks as my gun is pointed at his face, "Oh my god, Spencer!" I shout, taking my gun holster and sitting both my gun and the holster on the table by the door. "Jeez, you scared us both." Penny scolds as she walks from behind the wall, "I'm uh.. I'm sorry to come unannounced but I wanted to talk to you" Spencer's attention is diverted back to me. "Oh, uh yeah. Just give me a sec and we can go outside in the courtyard." I answer, nodding to Penny that I'll be back. We both walk out the door, an awkward silence following us. Spencer walks out of the courtyard door with me not too far behind him. "Spence, is everything okay?" I question, gently grabbing his arm. "We have to talk." He turns around, towering over me as we're inches apart. "What's going on?" Worry running throughout me, "I don't think that.. Us being together is going to work." I feel my heart crush, like someone cut it out of me and smashed it. "What? What's going on? You're not like this." I answer, panic coursing through me. "Over the past couple of weeks I've been considering it. But when Strauss observed you, and today, I just don't think it's the best idea for us to be coworkers and a couple." I feel tears stream down my face as his words continuously ring in my ears, "I-I can quit! You're giving up just because of the job!? This isn't the Spencer I know, what's wrong with you!" I panic, stepping back away from him a little. "If you quit it'll hurt you." He answers, sadness spread across his face, "It'll hurt me more if you leave me!" I yell through broken sobs, "Look. We just can't." And with that he walks, leaving me a sobbing mess. I run back to the apartment, my sobs becoming audible. "Oh god sugar what happened!?" Penny gasps, immediately pulling me into a hug. "He.. We aren't.." Is all I manage to say through muffled sobs. "No he didn't." She scowls, pulling me away to hold my face. I nod weakly, sobbing more. "Oh honey.. Do you want me to call the girls and we can have a girls night?" She asks, grabbing her phone out of her purse. "Yeah, that'll be nice." I choke, sitting down on the couch.

   JJ and Emily both agreed to come over for a girls night. I sit on the couch eating ice cream still sobbing. I've been sobbing for the past couple hours now. "I told you something was wrong JJ.." I sigh, shoving more ice cream in my mouth. "None of us expected it.. I'm so sorry" She apologizes. I look at the ice cream, sobbing more again, "Honey what's wrong?" Penny asks, holding me closer. "This was our ice cream when we would watch Dr.Who" I sob, pushing the ice cream away from me. All of our phones buzz, "Shit we have a case." Emily sighs, a worried look across her face. "Is it too late to quit?" I laugh weakly, standing up. "Honey you can stay here.. I'll explain to Hotch what happened." JJ sighs, placing her hand on my arm, "No no. I want to go. Hopefully working this case will take my mind off things" I sigh, grabbing my go bag. "Well let's go then." Emily states, jingling her keys. "I feel like I just got hit by a bus" I groan, climbing into the back seat. "Yeah, a grumpy Spencer bus" Penny adds. We all share a small laugh as we pull out of the apartment complex. "God, I'm gonna kill him!" Penny scowls, throwing her arms in the air. "No no. Don't do that. He's still part of the family and we all love him." I add, pushing her hands down to her lap. "You're right. I couldn't kill anyone, anyways." She sighs, "Hate to break it to you, but we're here." JJ states. We all climb out of the car, I grab Penny's hand. "Hon, you look like a mess." She frowns, "At least my eyes aren't puffy anymore. I just look like I'm high and tired now" I sigh as the elevator goes up to the sixth floor. "No makeup?" Penny asks, the same frown on her face. "Not today. Maybe another time" I answer quietly, as the elevator dings. All four of us take a deep breath before stepping out. "To the bullpen we go," Emily exclaims sarcastically. We walk through the glass doors, walking straight to the round table room. "I'll take this case" Hotch states walking up to the board. "7 victims in a month, all are women ages 34 to 40." He continues flipping through the pictures, "All women have been dumped in alley ways, in the fetal position. The cause of death is multiple stab wounds to the upper chest." He zooms in on one of the victims pictures, showing where the stab wounds are. "Wheels up in 30." We all walk out of the room, "Do you want to stay with me?" I feel Penny's hand on my shoulder, "No, I'm okay." I state, walking to the elevator. "Well hey there princess" Derek flirts as we walk into the elevator, "Hey" I reply dryly, "Woah. We're gonna rewind. What's goin on?" I look over at him quickly, then shrugging. "Nope, not an answer. What's goin on?" He demands, "Nothing, everything is fine." I answer quickly, "Mhm. You're riding with me." I groan at his words, "Morgan everything is fine! Okay!?" I shout, walking out of the elevator. "Yeah right. That totally tells me you're alright. Come on, to my car we go." He states, placing his hand on my shoulder.