Chapter 1: Betrayed and Heartbroken.

Marinette POV

Ever since Lila returned from Italy, she's been spreading a bunch of half truths including the fact that Jagged Stone wrote a song about her after saving his cat, which makes no sense because Jagged Stone has an alligator and is allergic to fur.

And then, she told all of my friends that I bullied her. And from that day on, I've lost almost all of my friends in an instant. To make matters worse, Adrien told me to take the high road despite the fact that he knows that Lila is lying to everyone. 

As if it were bad enough that Chloe mocks me for being so naive and never standing up for myself.

"And this is why I'm never nice. People just take you for granted." She told me.

The only ones who believed me were my parents, Luka, Juleka, Kagami and Rose. The rest, even Alya and Nino, didn't and abandoned me.

"What's with the dark clothing? And is that a bruise?" Juleka asked.

"Later. We need to get to class." I said hastily.

As we entered our class, I noticed my former friends whispering around us, giggling at the sight of my baggy clothes.

"I knew I should've skipped lessons today." I muttered to myself.

As soon as we sat down, Principal Damocles entered our classroom with a student behind.

"I apologise for intruding, but we have a new student joining us." He announced as he presented the student.

It took me a moment to recognize the student. It was the same boy who I bumped into on the way to school. He has dark brown hair, light olive skin and sky blue eyes. He tugged down his hood and ruffled his hair.

"Hello. My name is Mitchell Joseph Turner- Palmer. Or just Mitchell Palmer. I'm new here, so I hope to get along with you all." He said.

"Likewise, Mr Palmer. You can sit on the second row next to the window." Ms Bustier said.

As he took his seat, I thought back to what Adrien said to me.

I'm just saying that Lila's lies aren't hurting anyone. If anything, you should take the high road.

"Take the high road, my back foot." I muttered.

"Is something wrong, Marinette?" Ms Bustier asked.

Wouldn't you like to know?  I thought bitterly.

"Nothing, miss." I responded, meeting her sympathetic eyes.

At least she believes me, but can't do anything about it because of her job.