Chapter 2: Forging a New Bond

Mitchell POV

As I made my way to my next class, I noticed the girl with pigtails getting beaten up by a group of students while a few were holding back the blonde haired girl from before. I pushed past the crowd and stopped another punch from the stocky boy, who I heard his name is Ivan.

"What's your deal, pal? Beating up someone defenseless for no reason?" I questioned.

"Get out of the way!" He growled.

I pushed him back, using only half of my strength to knock him back. Ivan got up and glared at me while the crowd watched.

"Listen, pal. I'd rather not hurt you. So, back off from the girl." I said calmly.

"That girl is a bully, a liar and a thief! She stole Lila's necklace which was a gift from her grandmother and she even said that The Ladyblog is full of lies!" The girl with the glasses shrieked in fury.

"That's because it is, Alya!" Pigtails replied as she got up.

"You stay out of this!" Alya shouted in anger.

"I'm not asking again. Back off." I repeated.

Ivan threw a punch at me. Using my Spider Senses, I managed to evade the blow, causing him to punch the locker. He recoiled in pain and glared at me with absolute malice.

"Buddy, you don't want to do this." I said as we circled around each other.

"You brought this to yourself." Ivan growled as he hurled more punches at me.

My spidey senses started screaming at me as I dodged and parried the punches before snapping a kick at his temple, knocking him to the ground. The crowd gawked in astonishment as I went over to give the girl with pigtails a hand up until my spidey sense acted up and I was grabbed by a tall student with faux hair and dragged away from Marinette. I managed to headbutt him and throw him over my shoulder. He rolled back onto his feet and snapped a kick at me, only for me to duck under and sweep him off his feet with a sweep kick to his left leg and knocked him to the ground.

"Got you now!" Ivan shouted as he darted towards me.

I vaulted over Kim and locked my legs around Kim's neck and threw him to the ground, landing on my feet.

"Look. Let's wrap this up before things get heated." I said.

"Too late! Grab him, Nathaniel!" Ivan shouted.

The red head grabbed me from behind, wrapping his arms around my neck. I sighed in dismay as I easily threw him over my shoulder.

Ivan got up and tried to grab me, but I managed to counter his attack and started swinging myself around him until I threw him head first onto the ground

"Phew. That settles it." I said with a sigh.

I looked back and noticed that Marinette left without a trace. As I pushed my way through the crowd to search for Marinette, I found her with a tall cyan haired boy in the nurse's office.

"H-hey." I said.

"You're the guy who defended Marinette. Thank you." The cyan haired boy said as he shook my hand in gratitude.

"I'm just happy to help." I said with an embarrassed smile.

"Luka, you should get to class before you get in trouble." Marinette said.

"I'll let Juleka and the others know. Thanks again, Mitchell." The cyan boy named Luka said as he patted me on the shoulder and left.

I sat next to her and helped her wrap some bandages on her arm. Suddenly, I noticed some faded scars on her wrist. She noticed my gaze and tugged her sleeve over it.

"Thank you for saving me back there. And sorry about bumping into you earlier." She said.

"No worries. Besides, I know what it's like to be bullied and abused by your peers. And, I can't stand by and do nothing while someone is in danger. After all, with great power, comes great responsibility. At least that's what my uncle said." I replied.  

"He must be a wise man." She said.

"He was. He died a long time ago." I said.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Marinette said.

"It's ok. He's in a better place now. And I know he's watching over me." I replied.

 Suddenly, I sensed something approaching and pushed Marinette onto the ground, dodging a large boulder launched at us. As we got up, I saw a large rock monster reaching out for us. I dragged Marinette out of the nurse's office and led her to the changing room.

"Stay here! I'm going to go and get help!" I called.

"Mitchell, be careful out there!" She responded.

"I'll try." I replied with a nod and started darting out of the changing room, exiting the school and pulling out my suit.

"First day in Paris and now I'm dealing with a rock monster. At least I don't have to deal with a certain black ink monster. Or a guy with mechanical octopus legs." I muttered as I pulled on my mask.

Petra, I know I said I wouldn't do this anymore. But, right now. It's high time that Glitch-Spider makes his debut after 3 years. I thought.

Time to get to work.