Chapter 3: A Glitchy Debut

Marinette POV

As soon as I arrived, I saw Chat Noir thrown towards a car by Stoneheart. I leaped down from the roof and landed next to Chat, who flashed me a flirtatious smile.

"Milady, it's not like you to be late."He purred.

"Chat, not now." I sighed as I darted towards Stoneheart with Chat Noir behind me.

Stoneheart hurled a large boulder at us, but Chat used his staff to break it in half. I hurled my yo-yo at him, but he easily deflected it and swung his fist at me. I slid under him and hurled my yo-yo at him again, which bounced off his hide without any damage. Chat swung his staff at him, but he caught it and threw Chat into a building and knocked him out cold. Just as I was about to go and help him, Stoneheart managed to grab me and squeezed me tightly. I could feel the pain burning inside my ribs as they cracked.

"Hey! Granite face!" A voice called.

Before Stoneheart could react, a figure fired a web like projectile at his face, blinding him and dropping me. Before I hit the ground, I found being carried by a figure dressed in a red hoodie with a black spider symbol on the torso, red and black pants and a red mask with his eyes covered by a pair of goggles. His hands were covered by a pair of red gloves and a pair of bracers on his wrists.  

"Thanks for the catch. But who are you?" I asked as he set me down.

"Let's deal with this first." The figure replied.

Stoneheart threw a boulder at us, but the stranger fired a web line at it and threw the boulder right back at Stoneheart, stunning him.

"Who the hell do you think you are getting in the way?" Stoneheart demanded.

"The person who's going to stop you, that's who." The stranger replied.

Stoneheart charged towards us. We managed to dodge him. The boy in black fired two web lines at him and tried to pull him back, but Stoneheart yanked the lines and sent the boy flying towards a wall, which he managed to cling onto. Stoneheart gawked in shock as the boy leaped off the wall, fired a web line at a manhole lid and slammed it onto his head, knocking him down to the ground. Stoneheart got up again and tried to slam his fist down onto the ground, only for the figure to dissipate into a glitch-like after image in his place.

"Yo, over here." He called behind him.

Stoneheart tried to attack him again, but he teleported onto his shoulders and laughed. Stoneheart attempted to punch him as he flipped away from him, causing Stoneheart to punch himself in the face.

"What the-!?" Chat Noir gasped.

"How is he doing that?" I muttered.

Stoneheart roared in anger as he continued to throw punches at the stranger, who acrobatically evaded the blows with ease until he fired a barrage of webbing at him, pinning him down.

"Hey! This won't hold him forever!" He called.

I snapped out of my thoughts and used my lucky charm to summon a sledgehammer. Stoneheart managed to break out of the cocoon and roared as he charged towards us. The figure used his webbing to blind him again. While he was dazed, I darted towards him and smashed the hammer onto Stoneheart's arm, releasing the wade of paper which contained the akuma. Chat used Cataclysm to free the akuma, allowing me to catch it. I tossed up the sledgehammer and reverted all the damage caused by Stoneheart, who reverted to Ivan.

"And that's that." The figure said as he dusted himself down.

"Who are you?" I asked.  

"Let me guess. Spider-Man?" Chat asked with a frown.

"That was one of my nicknames, yeah. But, actually. My name is Glitch-Spider. You guys must be Ladybug and Chat Noir, right?" He asked.

"You are right, my glitchy friend. And we are also a couple." Chat replied, resting his arm on my shoulder.

"No. We are not." I replied as I shoved him off me.

"A lover's tiff. It will be resolved." Chat told him.

"I'm no love therapist, but it seems that she's not into you, man." Glitch-Spider respond, crossing his arms.

Before Chat could respond, his ring started beeping. The same with my earrings, signaling us that we're about to transform back into our civilian selves.

"I'd better go to. I need to check if Marinette is safe. See you guys around." Glitch-Spider said as he teleported away.

How does he know my name? I thought.