Chapter 7: Bittersweet Reunion, A Promise and Gathering Proof

Marinette POV

Ever since my sudden change in behaviour, I thought that The Akuma Class would've backed off after my warning. Unfortunately, it only encouraged them to come after me even more. All the more reason I fought back, with some help from Mitchell and the others. Speaking of which, he and I have grown closer and closer over the next couple of weeks. He was starting to become a lot more open and told me about his past, his cousin Petra and why he moved schools. However, I started to feel some sort of attraction towards him. Similar to Adrien, but more genuine instead of an obsession.

Could I be falling for Mitchell Palmer?

As for Chat Noir, he hasn't shown up. Though, I heard from Tikki that she and Plagg have met and he told her that his holder has slowly started to become a jerk. For instance, he's been refusing to patrol Paris, has secretly been trying to find the identity of Glitch Spider etc.

"If I knew who Chat Noir is, I'd take his miraculous and give it to Master Fu." I said.

"I agree. I haven't seen Plagg all week. However, the last time I saw him, he said that Adrien's been threatening to cut off his cheese supply. I'm getting worried about him." Tikki replied.

I nodded in agreement. Suddenly, I heard a tap on the window, causing Tikki to go and hide. I went over and saw Chat Noir on the balcony with a scowl on his face. Before I could reply, he grabbed my neck and slammed me against the wall.

"Lila told me that you and your friends were the ones who caused Lila's akumatisation." He growled.

"What are you talking about?" I croaked.

"I warned you what happens when you mess with her. I told you to take the high road and look where that got you. You may have your gang to hide behind, but they won't defend you from me, Mari-Trash." He replied as his claws slowly pierced into my neck, drawing blood.

Suddenly, a line of webbing splattered onto his face. As he tried to recover, Glitch Spider snapped a kick across his jaw and sent him crashing into my room. He got up as Glitch Spider stood in front of me with his lens squinting in anger. I noticed that his outfit has changed. He is now wearing a black top with grey web designs on it, a green letter 8 on his torso, black and green pants, black boots, a black, green and grey hooded jacket and a mask that matches his top.  On his hands are a pair of green fingerless gloves.

"And who gave you the right to assault a defenceless individual as Marinette?" He growled

"Marinette caused Lila to be akumatized. She should be punished for her actions!" Chat roared.

"Lila almost got me expelled last time! Expelled! That could have lead to me not having a job in the future! I could have been hurt!" I exclaimed in anger.

"But you weren't hurt! Lila confessed that she was lying (with another lie that didn't cause herself any harm) and you're fine! Lila isn't the villain here, she's the victim!" Chat yells back.