Chapter 5: Gaining Proof and Nightly Patrol

Mitchell POV

After school, I went straight home and managed to get a hold of Clara Nightingale via my mobile. How I got her contacts, well let's just say that Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. weren't to happy with my actions and would've arrested me there and then if Petra hadn't convinced them.

I waited for a while until I managed to get a hold of her agent, who asked who I am and how I got their number. 

"You could say that I'm a fan. I am calling in regards to something of great importance. I must speak to Ms. Nightingale." I said.

The agent was about to say something until someone else spoke and took the phone from them. There, I heard Clara's voice.

"I heard that you wanted to speak to me." She said.

"Yes, I want to ask you some questions in regards to Lila Rossi. If it's ok with you." I said.

"Sure. I only have an hour before my next performance." Clara answered.

I took out my notebook and pen and started asking her questions, starting with her relationship with Lila. She stated that she has never seen Lila Rossi, much less even know her. She also stated that she has never made Lila her apprentice, not that she was even looking for one. 

"Alright. Well, thank you for your time, Ms Nightingale." I said.

"My pleasure. Also, I didn't catch your name. And why call me?" She responded.

"Just call me Glitch. Also, I'd rather prefer if you don't call me by my real name. I wouldn't want anyone to come after me for revenge. Also, my friend is being falsely accused of some crimes she didn't do and I'm trying to clear her name." I replied.

"Noted. Well, thank you for your time, Glitch." Clara said.  

"The pleasure is all mine, Ms Nightingale." I replied and hung up.

I looked down at my notebook and smiled at all the answers I got from Clara. Suddenly, I got a text from Nino.

Mitchell: What's up?

Nino: Just finished my interview with Prince Ali. He said that he never invited Lila to his castle. Heck, she has never been to the Achu Kingdom in her life. 

Mitchell: So, she was lying about that one too. Also, where did you get Prince Ali's number?

Nino: From Rose. She was devastated that half of The Akuma Class turned their back to Marinette and even gave me the number via text during Lunch. Though, I never told her why I needed it.

Mitchell: We'll tell her someday. Also, any word from Marinette?

Nino: No. She hasn't answered her phone. Not to mention, Luka said that she never made it to Le Grande Paris. He asked Chloe, but she said that no one arrived at the hotel. Not even "Dupain Cheng" as she says.

That doesn't sound good. If Marinette didn't see Jagged Stone, then this could be a problem. I texted back to Nino.

Mitchell: I'll find her. Talk to you later.

Nino: Count on it. 

After swapping into my suit, I web zipped out of the window and started searching for Marinette. I checked near the school, her parents' bakery, the gym and the park. But, no sign of Marinette.

"Shit. Where is she?" I muttered.

Suddenly, I heard a scream from an alleyway not too far from where I am and started web swinging towards the sound of the scream. As I landed on the roof, I saw Marinette surrounded by Ivan, Kim, Alya and Lila. Marinette was covered in bruises and cuts, held down by Kim and Ivan.