Chapter 21: Return

No I'm wrong. Maybe that was in the past but I've moved on now. Please stop confusing me again. I stood up and I notice something from the drawer. I grab the box on top of it, it say's... "to: Lucy." What's this another gift?

I open the box and it's a star necklace. I close the box and put it down back to its place. I was just about to go when he grab my hand.

"Natsu!"

"Please don't go." He said while opening his eyes

"I'm not going anywhere." I said and seated back again. I don't know what's in me that I can't reject anything he says now.

"Lucy...who is Jaejoong to you?" Eh?! Hero? By the way what did they talk about earlier?

"Jaejoong is my friend Natsu. I told you about him right? What did you guys talk about earlier?" I ask

"That's good we just play billiards earlier." I know he is lying. I can see it in his eyes that he is lying.

"Lucy..." he said and get up

"You shouldn't be getting up now—" I said but he cut me out by placing his hands on my cheeks.

He's so close. My heart is racing like crazy again. "Lucy..." it gives me goose bumps every time he calls my name.

He leans even more closely in my face and I just close my eyes. >.< I don't know why I did that.

Natsu's POV

I don't know what come into me but I have this sudden urge of kissing Lucy. I lean on Lucy for a kiss and I'm glad that she is not pushing me away. I'm an inch close from her lips that I long for 6 years. My heart keeps beating as loud as I keep close to her. I wonder what she is thinking right now.

Our lips will touch any second now but....*ring! Ring! Ring!....my stupid phone rang. I awkwardly remove my hand from her face and look for my phone. Where is that stupid phone? I look at Lucy and I can see that she is blushing. She handed me my phone and I slowly take it from her hands.

"Thanks." I said and she left my room.

I pick up the phone without looking at the name on who is calling.

"What is it?!" I yelled

"Sir. Natsu! Your office is finished!" It was Sam. I'm surely gonna kill this girl!

"Sam..." I said

"What is it Sir. Natsu?"

"Do you know what time is it now?"

"uh...8:00? Why Sir.?"

"Why? YOU CALLED ME AT 8:00 PM JUST TO TELL ME THAT MY OFFICE IS FINISHED?!" I said after that I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry Sam, it's just your call is wrong timing. By the way good job finishing it earlier than I expected. Keep me updated in the office okay. I'm counting on you." I said

"Yes Sir! Thank you sir.! By the way how is Lucy-chan? I keep on calling her all day but she is not answering her phone."

"She's in her room."

"Okay Sir. Take good care of Lucy-chan there. Bye bye!" she said and hung up.

"Well then, how should I approach her now. Aghhh. Natsu what are you thinking?!" I remove the cooling patch on my forehead. I'm all better now thanks to Lucy.

---

The next day, Lucy and I are still in an awkward situation. We returned back at Hero's Shop and that smile never fades off his face.