Shu Yamino

✿ Shu Yamino x Fem Reader.
✿ Tags: Fluff, AU.

Her laughter sounded like a faint melody on the hill covered in a layer of pink petals, the fabrics and delicate floral embroidery of her kimono dancing in the gentle breeze shimmering in warm hues

She landed in front of the large cherry tree and with laughter adorned the green lawn with blossoms.

She felt so free, having finally escaped from her own home where she was treated like a princess of high royalty. She didn't want that— it disgusted her, the idea of being married against her will during her adolescence.

When she opened her eyes she noticed almost immediately something that at first she thought was her own hair covering her vision, but in a matter of a few seconds, she would know immediately that it was not. An opaque crack in front of the tree branches was tinged with purple, pink and even bluish flames.

"Watch out!" A young man's voice alerted her and, covering her face with her arms and barely bringing her knees to her waist, she felt a weight fall on her; and the ever so slight tinkling of earrings nearby.

Opening her eyes with a hint of fear, she noticed at once the curtain of black, magenta and purple hair surrounding her, and an embarrassed face watching her from above. A pair of violet irises that looked familiar.

"I...I am so sorry." With a tone plagued in regret, the boy turned away completely from the girl who still wore that troubled face. "You see... I was practicing sorcery and..."

He made an attempt to explain, wiggling his fingers in shame. But an angry man's shout in the distance caused them both to jump in place.

"Shu Yamino! Where are you!?" The teenager's expression immediately changed to one bathed in fear.

"It's... my father. I should go, sorry..." He whispered the last, apologizing once again. And that's when she seemed to remember something.

The shy, crestfallen look of a boy barely younger than her, hiding behind his mother's legs as he was introduced to the family they were visiting. It had happened on a Wednesday in the spring, where the Yamino family had gone to receive the newly installed nobles from a distant region.

It was he, the boy with whom she had enjoyed so much as a child and with whom she had lost contact after a family quarrel.

"Shu." She called out to him, a tinge of sorrow in her tone, but loud enough to reach the other one's ears. "That's your name, isn't it?"

The boy nodded, a tad confused and with his mouth half open.

"Let's meet here tomorrow. Yes?" she smiled, expression as warm as the summer sun itself. "As we promised when we were little. You liked the cherry trees."

And the teenager's pale cheeks were adorned by a reddish hue, look full of surprise as his gaze seemed to soften, as he recognized an old friend. "Y/n?"

I WILL NEVER RECOVER FROM HIGH PONYTAIL SHU‼️

also who would like this written as a short fanfic..