Release and Loyalty

"My liege, I know how you feel, when I was human I was a servant to a powerful emperor. One day the palace was attacked by Muzan, I stood in his path so he broke my neck. But, still I held his foot to stop him from hurting my master. He offered me to be a demon so I could serve emperors for generations, of course I accepted. When I awoke I was starved so...I-I ate his majesty...no matter what, no one could kill me." Forowā told Tanjiro.

"Forowā, do you wish...to die?" Tanjiro asked.

Forowā thought for a minute before saying, "yes, my liege."

"Then come with me." Tanjiro said as he walked outside into the sunlight.

Forowā followed him and sat in the grass next to him, he held her hand as she burnt.

"Thank you for a second chance to serve someone, my liege." Forowā said.

Tanjiro faced back inside once Forowā had disappeared.

"Isyasashī, you never seemed truly happy, do you wish to join her?" He asked.

Isyasashī nodded subtly. Tanjiro beckoned for her to come outside, too. She ran and hugged him.

"I'll miss you both." She said, still with that same sad smile, but this time, she was crying.

"Shinsetsu?" Tanjiro asked after Isyasashī was gone.

"Yes, master?" Shinsetsu said.

"Do you..." Tanjiro trailed off.

"No, master, I wish to stay with you." Shinsetsu replied. "I will stay by your side to the very end, no matter what happens, i'm here."

"Shinsetsu, I may be unable to die but you are not like I am, so, I will do everything in my power to protect you." Tanjiro said. "You are like the older brother I never had."

"You should really rest, master, you seem tired." Shinsetsu adviced.

"Not yet, i'd like you to meet the man who saved my life." Tanjiro said.

They walked about half way down the mountain to a small house. Tanjiro knocked on the door.

"Hello?" Said an old man as he stepped out of the house.

"Hello, Saburo-san, it's me, Tanjiro." Tanjiro said nervously.

"Tanjiro, may I ask, what happened to your back?" Saburo asked.

"Well, remember how you told me about demons? My family was killed, Nezuko was turned, I became a demon slayer, she became human and I was turned by accident, now i'm the demon king." Tanjiro explained.

"How many?" Saburo asked. "How many people have you eaten?"

Tanjiro paused for a second.

"Two." He replied.

"Tanjiro, why? You were so kind." Saburo asked.

Tanjiro just stood there, quietly, contemplatively.

"Why did you come here? To kill me? Eat me?" Saburo asked.

"No, I came so Shinsetsu could meet the man who saved my life." Tanjiro snapped.

Shinsetsu bowed.

"Thank you, sir." He said.

"Tanjiro, how many of your friends have died at your hands?" Saburo asked.

The question upset Tanjiro, he bared his fangs and snarled.

"You'll regret it later! Master, please!" Shinsetsu pleaded.

Tanjiro had resited eating Sanemi, he was starving.

"Tanjiro, look at yourself." Saburo said. "What have you become?"

Tanjiro stopped and looked down at his hands, at his claws.

"I-i'm not going to-I'M NOT A MONSTER!" He said.

534 words, this was three pages long.

A/N: sorry for the long break.