Scotland

Reluctantly i sat up onto the counter, away from the cup. Soap pressed his knee against the rim and balanced the kit up on his thigh so he could have his hands free. "How did you even manage to do this to yourself?" He asked as I winced from the pain caused by him putting a ice pack on the burn. "I didn't see the liquid in it" I said rather bluntly in response but he gave me a judgmental look as if I had to be the stupidest person ever. My hand flinched again as he removed the ice pack, making him glare at me for disrupting his concentration. He grabbed my wrist and layed my hand on his thigh to stop me from moving anymore. His skin was warm beneath my touch since I could feel it for the fact he was wearing shorts, like me. My index finger rubbed along the skin gently as he took some bandage out of the kit.

"Have you been to the meeting yet?" I asked him, hoping he could tell me what it was about so I could mentally prepare myself for it. "Well actually..." he paused as he put the end of the bandage between his teeth so he could have his two hands free to bandage the burn. ".. they sent me out to get you and Simon, but I heard you in here and followed the sound of a cup hitting the counter and your curses" he said sarcastically but it was impossible to tell by the tone alone since it came out kind of muffled from him having the bandage in his mouth, the only reason I could tell he was being sarcastic was the small smirk I noticed creeping onto the corners of his lips. "So what's the story with the meeting?" I asked, my eyes watching his intently as he finished tying the bandage around my wrist before finally pulling away from me and letting out a deep sigh. "recruits. Every year we get sent around 50 recruits to train for special forces, and it's that time of the year" he said as he placed his hands on his hips, making him look like a soccer coach or a disappointed mom.

"Wait, then why wasn't I sent here before joining?" I asked back, knowing that I was literally just thrown in here with no preparation. He shrugged and began to pack away the med kit. "Did you graduate top of your company?" He asked and I nodded. "Then that's why." He answered, and came back over to me. I had noticed that his accent seemed to be thicker with his morning voice rather that his usual voice, even though it would be hard to argue that it was still morning I presumed that he couldn't have woken much earlier than myself. "Anyway, where's Simon?" He asked, putting the med kit back in its press. "Oh- he's sleeping in, I told him I'd fill him in on what was happening in the meeting." I explained and got off the counter and went over to him, watching him closely as he neatly made sure it was packed away properly before straightening out his posture until he was taller than me once again. "You and him have a good relationship" he admitted and began to walk away but before he could lead me into the meeting I paused him with a question.

"Do you have a lover?" I asked and walked after him, I think I caught him a bit off guard with the question as his brain seemed to be rendering it at the same speed as Italian WiFi, very slow. All I got in response was a yes in the form of a hum, I was very surprised at his answer but before I could question him more he was gone.

I couldn't let him get away with telling me that and then just disappear. I ran after him as fast as I could and caught up to him, pinning him against the wall instantly to try to learn more about this conversation. "What?! What's their name?" I asked instantly and he gave me a smirk, reaching to his hoodies sleeve and taking hold of it. "Scotland" he said proudly, pulling up his sleeve to reveal a Scottish flag tattoo on his bicep. I'm honestly not sure what I was expecting from him. "Ah fuck sake" I said as I let go of him and he began laughing. "Alright let's go into the meeting" he said and took my hand before taking me into the meeting room.

As soon as I stumbled in the door I saw all of 141 apart from Simon and 4 other men I didn't know. "Wren! Good morning" Price said with a warm smile and gestured for me to come over and sit down in the chair next to him which I did immediately and was followed by Soap sitting down on the other side of me. "General Smith, this is lieutenant l/n" Price said as he hinted to me softly, it seemed only the general and the other recruits were professional looking since all of our task force looked probably just about how we felt. The general nodded to me and I gave him a nod back with a stern cold expression. "Where's the other lieutenant?" The General asked Price and immediately Price glanced to me, I let out a low cough to bring the Generals attention to me. "He was feeling a bit thrown down from his training yesterday and last night into the early morning so he's catching up a bit on rest whilst we're not actively fighting or preparing for any mission." I explained quite convincingly. I was great at bullshiting, one of my many talents. It seemed to be convincing enough for the general but I could see Gaz cover his mouth with his hand, trying to hide or smuder a laugh.