Drenched Robe

Keefe

Sophie had fallen asleep in Keefe's lap, snot all over his shirt. Keefe really did not want to wake up Sophie, she had been crying for the past hour, clearly having a rough day. Keefe wondered if she was worried about being down graded to a worser caste level, but a feeling told him deep down it was not the only thing that caused her to have a mental breakdown. Keefe picked Sophie up bridal style, she made a soft sound as he did so. Keefe carried her to his maid, Stacey, her expression was surprised, clearly curious on what's going on.

"Stacey, you don't mind if you were to take this girl to the spa for relaxation, then change her clothes, replace it with a robe, and bring her back here? If I am not here for what ever reason, place her on my bed, let her rest and do what ever she asks you to do." Stacey nodded as Keefe handed Sophie over. Stacey's green eyes were burning with curiosity.

"Will do, Prince Keefe, but first do you mind telling me what happen dear? I am sure that you must have some tea for me, so spill." Keefe groaned as Stacey smirked, she always knew all the tea and drama going around. She was usually the one who knew anything new first.

"It's nothing really, and no titles please, they make me squirm." Stacey gave him a knowing look, clearly knowing the something was up.

"Fine, no titles, but if you don't talk, I will tell Ro that your holding something back, and together we will both threaten you to confess, so choose which one you rather do. Tell me all the tea, or have me tell something entirely different to Ro and face the chaos of the both of us."

"Fine, fine, if you must, Sophie is a new maid, so she accidentally roomed into my bathroom, thinking it was the maids' bathroom. I found her in the bathroom- with clothes on!" Keefe quickly added as he saw Stacey giving him that look. Keefe continued talking.

"Anyways, I told her we were going to talk and I think she thought I was going to down grade her caste level so she had a mental breakdown, then fell asleep on my lap."

"Huh, not what I was expecting, but it works, toodles!" Stacey left with Sophie in her arms, there was no sound other than the clock was ticking. Keefe sighed, as he went to get ready for bed. Sure, it was 6:32 pm, but Keefe was tired, and had a long day. So he lit a 2 vanilla smelling candles, turned off the lights and turned on the water for a bath. He put roses in the water, asked for his dinner on a tray from a maid, and hopped into the bathtub. His bathroom door was locked, though one of his maids knocked, asking if he need anything. Keefe replied saying no, as he slowly ate his dinner. Keefe felt drowsy, as he sunk into the bath. Every once and a while he would think about Sophie, but Keefe tried to ignore it. After a few hours, Keefe had gotten out of the bath, and put on a robe.

Keefe walked over to his bed and collapsed, he felt very very drowsy and dazed. Keefe drifted to sleep, but then was awoken by the lights being turned on. Keefe groaned as Stacey woken him up.

"What?!" Keefe hissed, clearly annoyed. But it faded when he saw Stacey carrying Sophie. She had a slightly too big red robe on, with drool falling out of her mouth.

"Where do you want me to place her?" Keefe sighed, no longer drowsy, as he gotten out of bed. He pointed where he had slept, and Stacey placed Sophie down on his bed.

"Thought you might want to see this," Stacey grabbed Keefe's hand, as she made him trace something around Sophie's chest with the robe still on. Keefe gasped, as his face bloomed. But then he saw what Stacey was making Keefe trace. Scars, big long scars that look like they still hurt. Keefe felt something wet, he yanked his hand back, as he saw red. Blood, his hand was covered in it. He looked back at Sophie, her breathing shaky.

"I found scars and gashes all over her body when I was about to give her a bath. You are only seeing a very small portion of it." Keefe realized the robe really wasn't supposed to be red, it was blood, seeping through. Keefe looked horrified, scars on Sophie's face he did not realize was there. Scars everywhere he can see, the smell of metallic and something else he could not explain stunk the room.

"We need a doctor, why-wha-how-what happened to her?" Keefe yelled as he freaked out. Stacey shook her head.

"That's the thing, we don't know, but what we do know is that some of these scars she must of had almost her entire life, if not her whole entire life. Doctors are already coming to treat her, right now she is on numbing medication." Keefe's heart felt heavy, so much pain she must of been through. Confused and dazed, Keefe was lost in his own thoughts. He felt the world collapsed around him, everything started to dull. His breath started becoming shaky, unstable. Keefe felt like his legs were going to collapse from how wobbly it felt. Everything felt like noodles, his strength felt so weak, he just wanted to fall asleep.

"Quick! Somebody give him a sleeping antidote, we are losing him!" Something, or someone shook Keefe, his vision was blurred. His brain felt fuzzy. Everything started to turn dark, so many questions left and right flinging his way. It was so hard to comprehend what was going on right now. His mouth was forced open as a warm bitter liquid trickled down his throat. He tried to fight it but quickly drifted off to sleep.

1009 words