Wasabi Warriors

Ivy Clarke was ex-overachiever

After years of trying multiple different school activities and sports, while getting nothing but disappointed looks from her parents, she eventually gave up trying to make her parents happy and focused on what made her happy. The only problem was that she spent so long trying to shine to her parents in anyway she could, she had no idea what made her happy.

Well, other than the friends she met when she was in her karate phase of her life.

Other than that, she always felt out of place with where she was supposed to be in her life. She constantly looked around at her classmates, and her friends, and they all had something going in their lives that made them excited for the next day. Meanwhile, the only thing that made Ivy look forward to the next day was getting out of her house.

But all of that changed when one normal day at school, she met the new kid in her class, Jack Brewer.

It all started during lunch, Ivy walked into lunch thinking about the algebra test had just took the hour before and how she probably did okay on it, despite not really studying for it much. She sat at her normal table, which was currently empty due to the other person that sat there, Kim Crawford, taking her time getting there.

However, the blonde quickly showed up with a little smile on her face.

"Guess who I just met," Kim greeted, sitting down next to the girl.

"Oh, okay," Ivy sat up straighter as her mind ready started to breakdown the little information her friend had given her. "So, you said 'met' which means someone you haven't met before. And you little smile and not mention slight blush tells me that it was a boy-"

"It was Jack," Kim interrupted, before Ivy said anything more about her now growing blush.

Ivy looked at the girl, trying to think of any Jack she knew about. "Who?"

"The new guy at our school," Kim explained, making Ivy's expression turn to confusion.

"There's a new guy at school?"

Before Kim could scold the girl with her obliviousness, a new voice interrupted there conversation. "Ivy!"

Both of the girls looked toward the table in front of them, which sat three more of her friends and another guy she had never seen before. Ivy raised her eyebrows at Jerry, her friend that called out her name. "What?"

Jerry pointed toward a table across the cafeteria angerly where some students from a rival dojo, the Black Dragon, sat. "Get 'em."

Ivy looked toward the Black Dragons only for them to turn around to avoid her icy stare. She turned back to Jerry, knowing that she won't be able to fight all her friends' battles for their entire lives. "Do it yourself."

"It's cool," the new kid, which she could only guess was Jack, stood up and pushed in his chair. "I got this."

"Why did we learn his name?" Milton asked as Ivy stood up, ready to help the new guy if he got into trouble. "Now I'm gonna miss him."