Swords and Magic

"Guys, huge problem," Jerry ran into the dojo as everyone expect for Ivy was stretching on the mats

"Guys, huge problem," Jerry ran into the dojo as everyone expect for Ivy was stretching on the mats. "Kelsey Vargas, the coolest girl in school, is on her way down here."

"Don't panic," Jack rushed to Jerry. "We've trained for this. Guys, bust out the emergency deodorant."

Jack, Milton and Eddie ran in opposite directions, leaving the rest of them confused.

"I don't need deodorant," Jerry said, getting Ivy to scoff.

"You sure about that?" she asked earning a glare in return.

"We all need deodorant," Milton shrugged. "We're teenage boys. Our bodies are a smorgasbord of smells."

"Gross," Ivy muttered, trying to ignore what Milton had just said.

"I don't take any chances," Eddie spoke up, pulling out a necklace from under his shirt. "I'm wearing a necklace of air fresheners right now. This week I'm Alpine Meadow."

Jerry shook his head before turning back to his other friends. "I told Kelsey I was a martial arts expert and the youngest sensei in history."

"Jerry," Rudy walked out of his office and held out a helmet for Jerry to take.

"Oh, Rudy, Kelsey's on her way," Jerry gave his sensei a pleading look. "Dude, please hook me up with that black belt."

"You can't have this belt," Rudy looked down at the black belt he was wearing. "It's a symbol of hard work, honor and respect."

"Well, then why do you use it to walk your dog?" Jack asked, getting Rudy to turn to him quickly.

"That was one time and it was an emergency," Rudy defended himself. "I had a pug with the squirts and new white carpet."

"Ivy," Jerry sat next to her on the bench, "you have a black belt and you won't be using it any time soon, can I borrow it for the day?"

"Do you think I carry around my black belt wherever I go?" Ivy raised an eyebrow toward him.

"No," Jerry forced a laugh. "But we're here at the dojo, so you have it on you, right?"

"No," Ivy gave him a tight-lipped smile. "It's currently in my closet collecting dust as we speak. And even if I did have it on me, I wouldn't give it to you so you could just lie to some girl."

"Look, can we stop talking and get to sparring, please?" Rudy asked, interrupting their conversation. "Jerry, you're up against Kim. Milton, you're with me. Eddie, you're with Jack."

"Jack?" Eddie repeated with fear clear in his voice.

As if on cue, Jack did a combination of karate moves, making Eddie eyes widen.

"Uh, hold on," Eddie backed away as Jack finished his last move. "My phone's vibrating. You know, I hate to be that guy, but... Hello?"

Ivy tilted her head, watching Eddie pretend his wallet was a phone. "You mean the guy that pretends his wallet is a phone?"