Dojo Day Afternoon

"All right, guys, stand back," Jack said to his friends that stood around him and the board he was going to break on cinder blocks

"All right, guys, stand back," Jack said to his friends that stood around him and the board he was going to break on cinder blocks. Each person took a step back as Jack readied himself and broke the board with no problem.

"What's the big deal, Jack?" Jerry shrugged looking at the others who also seemed unimpressed.

"Yeah, you've done that a thousand times," Ivy nodded her head, not even trying to look amazed at this point.

"Wait for it," Jack crossed his arms and blew a light breath toward the cinder block, making them crumble under command.

"Whoa," the group looked in awe at the now rock piles on the ground.

"How is that even possible?" Ivy asked, blinking many times to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

"Who cares?" Eddie said before turning to Jack with a smile on his face. "Man, I'd give you a million bucks if you could do that to my chello. Players don't play the chello."

"Well, you're not a player," Milton mocked the shirt grab that Eddie did with the word player.

"No, Milton, he is a player. A chello player," Ivy said nonchalantly as she sat down on the bench to continue her homework, her comment earning a few laughs from her friends.

"I will be a real player when I get rid of that dang chello," Eddie glared at both Milton and Ivy. "I'm going to go get a smoothie."

"Get me one!" Ivy called after him as he left the dojo.

There was barely a second of silence after Eddie left due to Rudy's office sounding like it was falling apart from the inside.

"No. No!" Rudy's muffled voice reached the kids outside his office, making them grow more confused as to what was happening. "Don't you die on me, not now. It's not your time!"

"What's going on in there?" Milton asked the group as they wait for Rudy to leave his office.

"Rudy's toilet is clogged again," Jack explained, rolling his eyes.

"Isn't always clogged?" Ivy asked. "Or as Rudy would say, close to her death?"

"It's a her?" Milton asked as Rudy's office door swung open, revealing a stressed out Rudy in a plumbers uniform with rubber gloves on his hands and light strapped onto his hat.

"Poor, Myrtle," Rudy shook his head, devastated. "I almost lost her. Twice I had to plunge her back to life."

"How do you know a toilet's a boy or a girl?" Jerry asked, making Ivy face-palm so hard she started to get a headache.

"Well, you take the top off the tank, you reach your arm and then feel around-"

"Stop!" Milton begged, cutting off Rudy's explanation. "I think I would rather hear about this in an awkward conversation with my father."