Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

I was helping Maddie stretch when Miss Abby calls us in, after we line up she starts talking

"Let's have a big round of applause. I think we made applesauce, don't you?" We all then start laughing

"Now, the group won. They won overall. But, you know what? That was one competition. For this week, we are going to Starbound in New Jersey. We walk into Starbound, you need to be those national champions. All right, at the bottom, Nia, simply because of the mistake on the choreography and that dance was easy, it's simple. Next I have Kendall, you need to learn to read music, and you need to learn to hear the music, I'm gonna keep her on probation, until I hand her that jacket, she's still proving herself. Paige, I've seen you do the press better, I'm giving you the doubt, I think you did a nice job. Next, Mackenzie, this week, you are not in the group, you are going to do a solo. Alright, next I have Maddie, you were the highest scoring number in the entire competition, why do you think your not on the top? I want you to stop resting on your laurels, I want you to keep improving for the next 20 years, not for one competition, do you understand? So, you impressed them, I want you to impress me. Next, I have Chloe, Chloe you didn't do a solo last week, you were great in the group, people are recognizing you from the video, but I want them to recognize you for your dancing, understood?. Second, we have Y/n, you did great on your solo, and you beat the girl from Candy Apples. And on top of the pyramid this week is Brooke. You went out there, you proved yourself, I mean you went fo worst to best in one week. Mackenzie, your doing a routine called "My Pride", and it's all about you kiddo, you going to march out from that corner, like your the leader of the big parade. Maddie, this week you're going to be doing a jazz routine, to "Lights, Camera, Action". Chloe, your going to be doing a lyrical routine to "Don't Catch Me". Now, the group dance that everybody's in except Mackenzie is "Born to Dance" and it's about a child being born, there's a little mystery to it. Brooke, your going to be featured in this number, but you should be the glue that's holding it together, and Maddie has been the glue that's holding it together, you need to be the most advanced one in the group, not looking around to see what these twi are doing, understood? Brooke, don't let me down. Mom's, please go, girls, stretch out, let's go." We then do what she says, and we go over the group dance.

The next day

I'm in my last class before lunch taking a hard test, just then the bell rings and I hand the test to my teacher, I then head to the lunch room, after grabbing the lunch mom made me I went to mine and Brooke's table

"Hey" I say sitting next to Brooke

"Hi" she says

"So, how was the football game last night?" I ask her

"It was good, the cheerleaders let me do the chant with them" she says

"They did, was it easy?" I ask

"Not really, but I'm thinking about going to the cheer tryouts"

"But, aren't they the same day of the competition?" I ask her

"Yeah" she says

"Are you sure you wanna try it?" I ask her

"I don't know yet" she says, I nod and finished eating my lunch

At dance practice

Abby calls Mackenzie in to go over her solo, I tell her good luck and I give her a kiss on the head, she then walks in. After Mackenzie's solo rehearsal Abby calls me and the other girls and we do the group dance. While we were do the group dance our moms leave and Mackenzie walks in and sits next to Abby.

The next day at dance practice

Abby calls Maddie in to go over her solo, thirty minutes later Abby calls Chloe to go over her solo. Afterwards she calls the rest of us in to go over our group dance.