𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 5: 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚

tw: even though i mentioned it on the first chapter, i will reiterate it here. this chapter will also contain the following sensitive topics: substance abuse, withdrawal symptoms, and vomiting.

Y/n's POV:

It was now the next day, the first day of the week. I began to make my way into school, by myself. Usually I'd have Lee with me, but we haven't talked since Saturday.

The first half of my day went by pretty much like normal, trying to pay attention in my core classes, and chatting it up in class with some friends or my teammates.

During English, Bea kept sending me angered glares from across the classroom.

I don't even know what she's expecting me to do, but I don't necessarily blame her for being mad at me.

I tried to just pay attention, but I couldn't help but feel her hazel eyes piercing through me at every opportunity, or any time out eyes met.

Now, it was lunchtime, as students began to make their way down to the cafeteria.

I was making my way through the cafeteria to my usual table that I sit at with my friends and teammates, as most of them were already sat down and chatting it up.

Before I could make my way up, I was interrupted by a voice from behind me.

"Y/n!"

I turned my head around, and was met by a brunette haired girl, while she looked at me with a small smile, as she was walking up towards me.

If this were a few days prior, I would've shrugged her off, maybe given her an angry stare, or just completely walk away.

However, given with what happened this weekend, I returned a small smile towards the shorter girl as I shifted my whole body to face her.

"Yo wassup, Jenna."

Jenna then began to walk by my side, as we both continued our way through the crowded cafeteria.

"...You mind if I sit with you today?" Jenna asked, tilting her head slightly up at me as we continued walking.

"Yeah, sure. It's just me and the team or whatever. That is if you don't mind sitting with a bunch of dudes." I chuckled, as Jenna shook her head.

"Nah, I don't really mind."

Me and Jenna then finally made our way to my usual table, as we both sat down.

The moment that me and Jenna had sat down at the table, everyone there had became slightly wide eyed, looking in shock to see the two of us willingly wanting to sit next to each other.

"Woah, woah, what the fuck??" Ryan blurted out, as he let out a surprised chuckle.

As me and Jenna sat there, I looked at all of them with a straight face as I plopped my backpack down in between my legs underneath the table.

"I thought you two hated each other??" Isaiah added on, as he leaned in closer to look at us from the other side of the table.

Me and Jenna then looked at each other, as my eyebrows began to raise.

"...Do you know what they're talking about?" I asked, as Jenna gave me a small smirk and shook her head.

"...No idea."

...I guess this would be a good time to finally introduce my friend group slash teammates, huh?

The person to my right is Ryan, as he's also on the basketball team, and plays shooting guard. He's a little taller than me, and has short back hair with a fade.