Prologue: Part 2

I opened my eyes and rolled right out of bed. Before jumping up from the actual feeling of slapping into the floor, it wasn't painful, but I actually felt it. That was when I realized I was in a roughly human body for once, instead of my normal surface-deep gimmick.

The last day had rushed back to me, and I remembered the thoughts I had fallen asleep to. Maybe I was just thinking too negatively and didn't understand their good reasons for it all. So I got up to have some breakfast.

I had to gather up the things I'd collected on my journey so far, I was trying hard not to just use my Imaginary Space, since I didn't want it to be so easy. If I used that, I could take the whole world around in my pocket, after all.

So, after arranging things in the various pockets I had, I turned to walk out of the room and turn in the room key. I only had paid for one night, and didn't want to be a burden by staying too long. I was glad it came with breakfast though, I really wanted to try British food, I'd never had anything of theirs aside from Apple Pie.

So when I finally got down the stairs into the main dining area of the pub, I sat at a table and waited. It took me a few minutes to realize that kind of service wasn't really a thing here.

So I got up, and strode over to the counter, feeling embarrassed.

The nice innkeeper greeted me, I think I remember him being named Tom. "So, a fancy lass like yourself finally realized we don't serve people that way here, hm?"

"Sorry sir, I am not familiar with the way things work here yet." I could feel I would've flushed if I could've, or maybe I was and was ignoring it. "How do I order?"

"Bar is right over there, just talk to one of the tenders, they'll give ya a menu." The man looked close to tears as he let out a little chuckle. "Try not to lose your things here, the bar has lots of strange patrons."

I nodded and tiptoed my way over to the bar feeling a bit anxious for once. Will they be angry that I sat here without ordering something for so long?

I stopped at the bar and surprisingly just pushed the menu without a second glance. I guessed they just already knew I'd been waiting to order, but had just been dumb. So I sat up on one of the oversized stools and read through the menu. I accidentally engaged Thought Acceleration to read the entire thing at once, like I normally do.

I decided, out of the limited menu they had, the only thing I could really sink my teeth into would be the Roast hog. Plus, I didn't know what a Leaky Soup was, but I didn't really wanna find out. The Roast was a whole of their more expensive coins, but I had no limit of those, so it wasn't any issue.

The bartender did give me a bit of a raised eyebrow when I pulled one out so nonchalantly though.

The food was honestly not that good by my standards, the meat was stringy, and didn't tear well on the teeth. Plus it was too greasy. It left me a bit disappointed as I downed it with some weird drink they'd given me alongside it. I still ate the entire roast, to what I was glad was not much of a stir in the bar.

After that, it was back out onto Diagon Alley.

I ended up walking right into something I think is called a grease cart, but I didn't exactly know what they were serving. It didn't look very appetizing. So I tried to ignore that, and decided to check in on the old man at the wand shop. I needed to make sure he was okay with my handiwork on those materials, and that exposure to them didn't kill him or anything.

I was almost certain that wouldn't happen, but you can never be too careful, can you?

So I found another grease cart that was serving food that smelled sweeter and grabbed two of their main paper-wrapped things. It kinda looked like a sweet roll, but different. Regardless, having this as an offering to the old stick man seemed like a good idea.