Arc 1: Chapter 3

Rimuru's POV

A few days had passed at Hogwarts, meanwhile, I was trying to keep my head down not to draw attention. I did make sure to have conversations with Sebastian though, since he didn't seem to be able to talk to anyone else. He'd always just show up at lunch, and ask me about whatever he could figure out from me about our classes.

He didn't seem to have enough general wizarding knowledge to get by without help.

While walking through the halls, I heard a yelp that seemed to come from the nearby courtyard and turned my senses toward it.

It seemed like some kids were getting into it, however, what was odd about it compared to the last time I'd seen it was that this time it was kids of the same house. I wondered who in Slytherin would actually hate another person in this house other than me.

Then I slowly realized I did know at least one other person who was hated within Slytherin.

I sighed softly, realizing this would quickly turn into my problem.

I suppose I should do something...

Begrudgingly, I turned on my heels and walked out into the courtyard from the open halls, before picking out the group and stepping in front of the boy to take a punch. I had to pretend to fall over from it, even if I didn't consider it all that much force.

"You got in the way, foreigner! That was for the mudblood!" It was a brown-haired boy with a few lanky-looking cronies around him. While they weren't particularly muscular, they did look like the deceptive type. A few of 'em even had their wands out.

"What are you doing, Rimuru? I'm trying to have a talk with these fine gentlemen."

He was certainly making it difficult for me to stick up for him, I still needed to do it though. Because the other houses seemed to have something against anyone in Slytherin, and at this point, no one else in Slytherin would help him.

All that culminated in it falling to me, whether or not I particularly wanted to deal with it.

I made a small show of wheezing as I got back up to my feet, facing him.

"Talking with fists? I didn't know that's how you spoke sign language around here..."

"Can you just wait in line, clown? I don't wanna spend forever on this. I gotta get lunch."

"I'd like to get to lunch too, so how 'bout we call it good and you leave Sebastian here alone from now on?"

"What makes you think you have room to negotiate?"

"Well, wouldn't it be more annoying to pick him out if I always got in the way like this and made noise? I could even tell the professor about it." I looked down at myself. "Hitting a 'little girl' certainly wouldn't be something he'd overlook?"

The boy grumbled. "You really are annoying, clown-eyes."

"Well then, I guess we can negotiate. How about this? I'll let you bully him as much as you want, and won't intervene-"

"Rimuru! You can't throw me under the bus like that-"

"I thought you were just talking?" I looked back at him with a smirk before turning back to the bully. "Anyway, I won't intervene... So long as you can beat me in an arm wrestle. Or at least, if any of you can. If I win, you can't touch a hair on his head for the rest of the year."

The probable third-year rolled his eyes. "Not much in it that way, it'd be a pretty easy win. But if you offered up your wand, maybe I'd take it seriously?"