Arc 1: Chapter 6

Rimuru's POV

I flopped into bed after that incredibly long day, and let myself feel the sweet embrace of unconsciousness. I even had a dream of a pleasant day on the beach with Ciel and was notified the moment I woke up that the dream was actually a quest reward for all the stuff I did the day before.

I smiled softly since I knew that must've really been her there with me. So it was just as real as any day we'd have actually spent together.

I was so happy leaving the dorm, and it seemed other people took notice and were unsettled by it. I didn't let their dour attitudes soil my happiness though.

Instead, I just headed out of the dorms and to the bathroom since I needed to speak with that ghost. Plus, I needed to make sure Hebi apologized before Myrtle left.

However, I ended up being stopped halfway there. A letter flew right into my face, and if I needed to breathe, it would have choked me.

I loudly groaned and tore it off my face before opening it, and getting mildly irritated when it flew out of my hand.

It began to speak loudly in an older woman's voice and said exactly. "Miss Rimuru Tempest, you are hereby summoned to attend a meeting in the headmaster's office during your lunch hour. Do not attempt to evade attending."

I heard a few murmurs from the others in the dorms, things like; "Rimuru's in trouble," "The headmaster is scary..," and even "Hopefully she gets expelled."

Kids are harsh, ya'know?

Once the letter fell to the floor, I quickly swiped it and shoved it into one of my uniform's pockets. After that, I jogged a bit to get to Myrtle's bathroom a little faster. I didn't wanna take too long, since being late to class might be troublesome.

I opened the door quietly, and quickly moved inside. I spent a good few moments checking the hallway with magic sense to make sure I wasn't followed, then I closed the door behind me.

Shortly afterward I found myself pushed to the floor by a ghost that was roughly 'my age,' and was greeted by an excited Myrtle. It was almost uncharacteristic. "Rimuru! You're back. I'm glad you didn't die before sending me to another life, I was worried you might die while you were gone. So I was worrying all night. I mean, sending someone to another life must be some crazy dark magic right? So the aurors must already be after-"

I placed my finger to her mouth to quiet her. "Calm down, calm down. We don't want anyone to hear us, alright?"

"You left on that spell that lets me touch you." She began getting touchy, repeatedly grabbing my shoulders to make sure the spell was still in effect.

"Quit that, please. I did, I thought it'd be rude to remove it." I got back to my feet and lifted her to her own.

"You're pretty strong Rimuru." She then paused for a moment. "Or well, I guess not. I don't weigh anything, do I?"

"You don't."

"Hehe. Neat. I've never really been able to figure that out." She walked back over to the sinks. "So, are you gonna go get that thing? I noticed a ton of magical presence pooling down there last night..."

"I should, yes. I don't wanna leave her alone either. I also want her to apologize to you." I walked back over to the sinks and quickly activated the spell to open them up.

"I won't forgive that thing." Myrtle frowned and glared harshly. It was surprisingly cute, despite her intentions, but that's probably what I should expect from a girl her age.

I sighed. "I didn't expect you to, okay? I'll be back in a little bit."

I waited for the tunnel to fully open up again and then hopped down once again. I didn't break my fall at all this time, so I ended up landing with a crunch.