CHAPTER 3: Final Selection

{Author's POV}

Ever since Amane came to your house and offered you to become a Demon Slayer, you started training right away, the next day. Of course, without your family knowing. Everyday, whenever you would go out to collect more firewood or buy groceries at the village, you would train. It took you less than a month to master Sun Breathing once again. After your father's death, you would perform Hinokami Kagura, which helped you a lot for your training. All you needed to now was to wait until the time for the Final Selection comes. You did feel bad that you constanly lied to your family, but you just had no other choice. As an important rule, Demon Slayer Corps is an organization that is hidden from the government ever since it was created. In addition, you were scared to know your family's reaction, if you told them.

It's been already 2 years. Today was the day for the Final Selection. You remember from Amane's words that you'll have to survive a week on a mountain full of demons.

"You'll be gone for a week?" Tanjiro asked you, while the 2 of you were cleaning the kitchen.

"Yes." You simply answered.

"Did you already informed Oka-san?" He then asked.

"She was the first one I informed." You told him, leaving the broom on the side.

"I see. But still, why exactly a week?" Tanjiro then asked.

"It's about my job. There's an entrance exam in which the candidates have to pass in order to get the job. They said that it'll take exactly a week." You said.

"And when are you leaving?" Tanjiro asked.

"I'll be leaving in an hour and a half. I already packed all the stuff I'll take with me." You told Tanjiro, which he nodded.

-Mini Time Skip-

"Please be careful, Onii-chan!" Nezuko exclaimed. The rest of your siblings agreeing with a nod.

You simply nodded, before turning to look at Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, make sure to take care of them, until I come back." You told him, while putting your hands on his shoulders.

"I will, Nii-san." He said with a proud smile.

You were about to turn around and leave. Before you heard someone calling.

"Onii-chan!"

You recognized that voice immediately. It belonged to your youngest sibling. You turned around and saw your mother exiting the house with Rokuta in her arms, who was reaching out his little hands towards you. He wanted you to pick him up and hold him in your arms.

"I'm so sorry, dear. He just found out that you'll be gone for a week and refused take a nap without saying goodbye." Your mother said.

"It's okay. I don't mind." You simply told her, as you took Rokuta from her, who snuggled into your chest immediately.

You slowly started to caress his back. A few minutes later, he started to feel sleepy, as if you've put a spell on him. You then gave him back to your mother, before giving your family a big hug and started to walk.

"Good luck, Nii-san!" Tanjiro exclaimed enough for you to hear, while he and the rest were waving at you. You turned your head to look at them and waved back, still walking.

-Time Skip-

You made it safety to the Fujikasane Mountain. You took your time observing the Wisteria trees around the place. A beautiful sight indeed. You honesty wished you could look at them as long as you wanted.