Chapter 4: Evil Plotting

After breakfast, August and Jovita discussed plans.

"What do you want, Jovita?"

"To kill Emmaline and Cas."

"I do too."

"Do you have a plan?"

"Not yet."

A guard comes running up the stairs holding a letter.

"Your Majesty we just received a letter from King Casimir."

"What does it say?"

"Dear King August,

We have a few problems. The other Ruined who sided with Olivia still doesn't accept me as King nor Emmaline as Queen. After the battle, they disappeared. On another note, Em and I want to get remarried and have heirs. If our people don't accept that, fine, they'll get used to it or they can leave but we hope no one leaves. We need to track down the remaining Ruined on Olivia's side and find Jovita. If you find her, please send me a word. Also, I just want peace. I don't like fighting, but I will do it to protect my kingdom and Emmaline if that's what it takes. I'd like to make a peace treaty with you. If you leave us alone, we'll leave you alone. We may pass each other's territory during travel, but my people and your people are not allowed to harm, kill, or capture each other.

Emmaline and I are having our wedding Three months from today. Keep a lookout for Jovita and the remaining Ruined. If you find them, please send a word.

-King Casimir."

"Interesting. Of course, he just wants peace."

"Are you going to accept?"

"Yes, so I can kill him, and he'll never see it coming."

"Smart. Did he invite you to the wedding?"

"Yes."

"Perfect we can crash it and kill everyone there. They'll never see it coming."

"You're right. But there's another question."

"What?"

"What am I going to do about you? Casimir wants me to send word if I find you."

"Please don't. You need me. I know all the entrances and exits and secret tunnels in the palace. You won't get out alive without me. And if I find any of Olivia's Ruined, I'll kidnap them and bring them back to you."

"It's a deal." They shook hands.

"Your Majesty about fifty Ruined is waiting outside the gates asking to see you."

"Should I come?" Jovita asks.

"Yes."

They follow the guard outside to the gates where fifty ruined stood.

"What do you want?"

"For you to help us kill Emmaline," A lady answers, "I'm Diana, the new leader of these Ruined. Olivia was our ruler until she died and now, we want revenge. We want to kill Emmaline, Casimir, Iria, and Aren. We're willing to join your forces as long as you promise to treat us as equals."

"Fine. Let them in. We already have the plan to kill them. We're going to crash their wedding in three months and take over. Guards! Have the maids prepare a room for our guests!

It's time to make our enemies' enemy, our friend!"