Chapter 9: The Fight

After the ceremony they got lots of hugs and congrats. The food was delicious! They ate until they were full. Vallos and Lera had fun while Olso was getting ready to attack. Once everyone had finished eating, they left the dining hall and went to the ballroom instead. Cas and Em had the traditional first dance. After that some upbeat party music came on and everyone danced. One of the guards tapped Galo, who was standing on the side and whispered in his ear.

"Some of our guards were found dead just randomly all over the palace in their under garments."

"Oh! Have you investigated?"

"Some other guards are I came straight here to give you the report."

"It's probably August. We need to get rid of them and quick."

As soon as he said that Vallos guards disguised as Lerean guards unsheathed their swords and started killing. There was screaming and chaos.

"Everyone gets out and find a safe room!" Galo instructed.

"Go find a safe room!" Cas instructed Em.

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine! Go!"

"Mateo escort Em to a safe room!"

He did and Em was worried the whole time about Cas, The Ruined, The Lerean people, and The Vallos people. She knew not everyone would make it out alive and few would make it out unscathed.

The Vallos Ruined started using their powers against everyone. People were thrown against the wall. The Lerean Ruined started fighting back and there were more of

them. It was a long and hard battle. The Vallos Ruined didn't give up easily. Even when

they got so weak that they were on the floor, they continued using their powers until they

passed out. The Lerean Ruined weren't as reckless. They had trained and knew how to

wisely use their powers. They slowly took Olso out. Iria was always prepared. She'd kept.

a sword in her fancy boots. When Olso attacked she was prepared. She immediately cut off.

someone's head, stabbed someone else, and knocked several guards out. Jovita was the one.

who started the attack, killing at random. Iria came face to face with her.

"Hello Jovita."

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!"

"You sure about that?" Iria asked, faking right and Jovita took the bait.

"Get ready to die!"

Jovita lunged for her and Iria ducked just in time and tripped Jovita. Jovita fell and dropped her sword. Iria got it before Jovita could. Jovita was now weaponless and Iria had two swords.

"Ready to die?"

"Never! Lera shall be mine!"

Iria lunged for Jovita and ran her sword through Jovita's heart. She got de ja vu from when she'd killed Olivia. It was pretty much the same.
August, being a coward, ran for the exit and tried to escape. He ran down the long tunnel as fast as he could. When he made it to the end, guards were waiting. He backed away slowly. Mateo hated August. He saw him coming out of the tunnel and ran towards him.

"No please don't kill, me! It was all Jovita! She took over my kingdom."

"That wouldn't surprise me but I'm sure you partnered with her." Mateo ran his sword through August's heart. He died with a choking sound and collapsed, dead before he hit the ground. Both Olso's leaders were dead, the Ruined was knocked out, the guards didn't know what to do. They weren't sure if they should keep fighting or stop. Diana, the new leader of Olivia's Ruined stepped up.

"Keep fighting! Don't give up! We can win-"Suddenly she collapses and starts bleeding out with a sword sticking out of her stomach.

"We can't win this," One Olso guard comments.

"Nope. Maybe we should give up."

They all dropped their swords and fell to their knees, arms raised in surrender. An announcement on the speaker was made by Cas.

"Stop fighting. August and Jovita are dead. Olso surrenders. Go to the healing room for any injuries. We'll have a meeting in the dining hall tomorrow to get everything figured out. Take the rest of the day to rest."

Everyone stopped fighting and went to the healing room or their bedrooms. Iria went to open the safe room Emmaline was in.

"Are you ok? Is Cas, ok?"

"Everyone important to you is fine. Cas is waiting for you in your room. Me, Aren, Galo, and Mateo will take care of everything for the day. We have a meeting tomorrow. King Dixon is fine. Jovita and August are dead. Olso has surrendered to us."