Chapter 6: Fighting & Flirting

Galo ran into the meeting room where Cas was.

"We've received a letter from the king of Vallos. He's now enemies with August and will defend us as long as we do the same for him."

"Schedule a council meeting for after dinner."

After dinner everyone gathered in a meeting room.

""We've received a letter from the king of Vallos. He's now enemies with August and will defend us as long as we do the same for him, I wouldn't be surprised if a war breaks out soon. We need to take as many precautions as we can to prepare. For the wedding, I want all entrances except the front sealed up and once the wedding starts the front entrance will be closed, locked, and guarded. Everyone has to be on time."

"I have a proposal."

"What is it, Iria?"

"What if we had sword fighting and self-defense classes for everyone so that we'll be able to defend ourselves if we needed to!"

"That's smart. Thank you for the suggestion. Galo get on that please."

"Of course, your majesty."

"Anything else?"

Everyone slowly shook their heads. Galo, the captain of the guards had a meeting with them.

"Casimir wants us to teach everyone at the palace self-defense."

A week later classes started. They first taught them the basic stances, how to properly hold a sword, and easy but powerful moves, then everyone partnered with someone. Some partnered with a guard or maid, some couples partnered together, friends. Guards went against maids. Galo and Mateo were with maids but wished they were with the other. Em went against Cas, and it was a quick and easy fight that Em won. Aren and Iria went against each other. Aren had an advantage because Iria's limp still slowed her down. It didn't last long. Iria disarmed Aren and lunged for his sword and winced. Aren grabbed the sword before Iria could. Iria snick up behind him and tackled him from the back. He fell and rolled and Iria got on top of him and kissed him.

"This was your plan all along, wasn't it?"

She gave him a sly smile, "Maybe."

"You two this isn't make-out session! This is a sword fighting and self-defense class!"

"Cas, I have a complaint. Can we have make-out sessions?"

Iria laughed and playfully punched him.

Cas just laughed, "I'll see what I can do."

"Speaking of..." Em ran her fingers up and down his arm. "We should have a session later."

Cas knew exactly what she meant by that. "Yes."

"We could do something later," Mateo whispered to Galo and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled and nodded.

"Back to it."

Now they taught them some basic self-defense moves. Everyone got them down quickly and easily. They had classes like this for the next two months leading up to the wedding,