Chapter 5: Wedding Planning and Alliances

In three months, she'd be marrying Cas! Finally! She'd also become queen. She was ready. She wasn't nervous or anything. She was a natural-born leader. She could do this. She, Iria, and a few other maids were in a meeting room discussing what her dress should look like.

"Ok, so what did you have in mind?"

"White with light blue flowers on it. I want a long train. The front should go down to my ankles with a long train trailing behind it. I want a flower crown. And lots of chocolaty desserts! Iria, how would you like to be my maid of honor?"

"Me? A-Are you sure?"

"Yes, of course!"

"I'd be honored, my queen."

"Is that all for the dress?"

"I think so. I'll let you know if I change my mind."

"Ok, what kind of main dishes do you want?"

"Let's have different options. Like some seafood, pasta, grilled chicken, lots of fruit, and salad. For dessert, we need lots of chocolate. A chocolate fountain. Ooh and chocolate strawberries and blueberries! We need a chocolate cake, chocolate cupcakes, and chocolate chip cookies! All the chocolate we can get!"

"Anything else?"

"I think that's all."

Cas was in a different meeting room talking to Aren, Mateo, Galo, and a few maids.

"I want my suit to accent her dress. I was thinking white shirt, black pants, and my blazer will be whatever colors her dress is besides white."

"Food?"

"Whatever she wants but I was thinking seafood."

"Dessert?"

"Chocolate and vanilla."

"Anything else you want?"

"Whatever she wants. Schedule a meeting so we can all do a little more planning together."

"The Vallos King is arriving tomorrow to discuss an alliance."

"Maids, prepare their rooms."

"Yes, your majesty."

That afternoon they had another wedding planning session.

"What food do you want?" Cas asks Em.

"All the chocolate we can get. For the main course I was thinking fruit, salad, grilled chicken, pasta, and seafood. What do you think?"

"Perfect."

"My Maid of Honor is Iria."

"I haven't asked anyone to be best man yet."

"That's fine. Let me know."

"I will." He kissed her cheek.

The next day, the king and queen of Vallos arrived. That afternoon they had their council meeting.

"I don't approve of the Ruined being in court."

"Emmaline and I will be remarried in three months. The Ruined and humans have equal rights here."

"But they're monsters! They have powers they can't control!"

"They're not Elsa! They can control it! They get scared and use it. And some are just violent like Olivia and that's why The Ruined split up. We don't know where the ones who sided with Olivia went. We think they're gonna side with Jovita and August to kill us and take over. Anyways, you're here to discuss a peace treaty."

"Right."

"So, what do you want?"

"The Ruined to leave my people alone and if we do ally then if Lera joins a war with Vallos then they join too."

"Not all Ruined are a part of Lera."

"Well, the Ruined that are."

"I agree but we will have Ruined in government here."

"That's fine as long as they don't use their powers against us."

"The ones in Lera wont."

"Agreed?"

"Agreed."

They shook hands and the king of Lera left to try to make an alliance with August. He traveled for the rest of the day and night to get to Olso.

"Why are you here?"

"For an alliance with Olso."

"Would you like to rest first?"

"Yes, please I've been traveling for the past two days."

"We'll have our meeting this afternoon."

"So, you want an alliance?" August asked the Vallos king.

"Yes, if we agree. I already have an alliance with Lera."

"Lera is my enemy but perhaps we can work something out."

"So, what do you want?"

"To kill all the Ruined in Lera, kill Emmaline and Casimir, and take over. Jovita and she Ruined who followed Olivia before she died have allied with me."

"I don't agree. I'm willing to defend Lera."

"Then we're enemies. You stay off my land and I'll stay off yours otherwise war."

"Understood. I'll be on my way now."