Chapter 2

I didn't anticipate Alkania's demise to be so quick. Ceberus must have been devastated about it; instead of celebrating his victory for slaying me, he's grieving for the loss of his kingdom. I'm not saying he deserved it, but my supporters did an excellent job. The more I dive deeply into the book, the more I feel proud of being the villainess for centuries. My followers did everything to avenge my death, even if it cost them their lives. It's heartwarming, and this is the first time I felt important in someone's life.

Six years had already passed, but I could still feel the love and the betrayal of Ceberus. Of course, feelings don't easily fade, but the resentment in my heart grows as the seconds pass. The bitterness in my heart also pushes me to find him and take my
revenge.

"Revenge?" I shook my head as I chuckled. I cannot even release a bit of my power, yet I'm considering taking revenge. I should think of ways to use this body to unleash my power. Revenge is an insignificant thing right now.

"Hi, Princess!" A man appeared beside me. I instantly looked at him and slightly tilted my head to see his face entirely. "I heard you lost all your memories?" He asked.

I folded the book I was reading before answering, "Yes, mind introducing yourself?" He laughed slightly and bent to look me straight in the eye—he was now an inch apart from my face. Is he close with Irene? Are we close?

"My name's Dhrystan, your highness, the third prince of Demacia Kingdom." He stood up and sat in front of me before saying, "This is the first time that you did not avoid my gaze. Losing your memories isn't bad after all," Dhrystan stated. Demacia? The kingdom of dragons? This man must be a dragon in human form.

His face immediately lit up when he saw the book I was reading. "Have you also read this?" I asked.

"Of course! Both of us have been addicted to that book ever since the first time we read it together," Dhrystan replied. "We even used to think that the villainess didn't deserve her title," he continued. My anger quickly rose when I heard him say those things. I? Me? The queen of all evil beings? Is not worthy of my title? Just wait until I recover my power, and you will taste the wrath of this villainess!

"Why do you think so?" I cannot accept this. I, Morana, will choke this man if I do not like his response. "Don't you think she's evil? She had killed a lot of people, burned down kingdoms, and so on," I explained.

He scratched his head before saying, "Well, everyone thinks that she's evil, but we used to read many stories about her—though most of them were intended to defame her—we could feel that she wasn't really evil. Unlike her uncle, she united all those evil entities and stopped them from harming innocent people. She took revenge on those who tried to destroy her followers' homes, and she even took in and healed a little elven girl that was weak and blind before. Everyone was equal in her eyes, evil creature or not; she will take you in once you seek her help," Dhrystan explained.

I am not the kind of person who will just help anyone, but I provide them with a place to stay if they happen to be in need. Little did I know that doing this would diminish my reputation as the queen of evil. I could still not accept that this man and the owner of this body think that I am not worthy of being the feared villainess of Thelea.

"That doesn't make her less evil, though," I muttered.

"Oh no! You're not the Irene I know; you used to defend Morana back then. We need to find a good doctor to check your brain. This is not a good thing anymore," Dhrystan said while panicking. He instantly stood up and dramatically said, "I need to leave you here, Irene. Don't worry, I will find the best doctor in Demacia—NO! In the whole Thelea. Bye, Irene. I'll see you once I get a great doctor."

What a weird man.

No matter how many doctors he finds, no one can cure Irene's amnesia because this is not amnesia. Good luck in finding a doctor, Dhrystan. I hope you'll not find a witch to cure me.

Since Dhrystan had already left, I also felt that I needed to take a bath and change my clothes. I stood up and went outside the library. I saw the servants standing outside the door, so I asked them to take me to Irene's room so that I could clean myself. I also wanted to nap because Irene's body quickly gets exhausted.

"The tub is ready, your highness." I took off all my clothes and soaked my body in the bathtub. I feel refreshed and relaxed whenever I soak myself in water—finally, peace of mind. After being in the tub for 30 minutes, I got up, and the servants helped me dress.

I looked at myself in a full-length mirror. I am wearing a long, flowy white dress overlayed with a flowery corset. I admit, this vessel of mine has a good shape. Her beautiful, wavy long silver hair cascades down to her waist and encircles her diamond-shaped face. Her big, dark blue eyes reminded me of a calm sea. Her sharp nose gives her a childlike appearance, and her mouth is small and framed by plump lips. She also has pointy elven ears, which give her a regal look.

Her beauty is extraordinary.

After getting dressed, I sat in a small chair in front of my room's window. I continued reading the book I had brought from the library, and as I continued reading, a photo folded between the pages fell. I immediately picked it up and unfolded it. My mind went blank, and my eyes widened when I saw it. "My picture?" It's a miniature painting of mine from when I was still the villainess. This photo was created just a few years ago by Ceberus.