Chapter 11

Arcania is a vast land, it wouldn't be called the land of the Elves if it did not have forests and trees. On our way outside of Arcania, many trees and vines blocked our carriage, making it difficult for us to travel. Harbin and I decided to abandon the exquisite carriage for we did not expect that spells and formations would be scattered outside the city of Arcania. Harbin exerted so much effort into destroying some formations in the forest. Who would have expected that Arcania did not put in a lot of effort in placing guards outside the city because they knew that people will have a hard time going in and out of the forest. When we were walking, I also noticed that all the formations that Harbin destroyed returned to their original places. 

"We will be sleeping inside this forest if you keep on doing that," I commented. Harbin is using his sword to slash the vines and destroy the formations. Unfortunately, there is a lot of it and to destroy it without using magic, his efforts are just futile. 

"I can't use magic because those elves will definitely appear in front of us," he replied. I rolled my eyes and opened my palms. I release a small amount of magic and cast it on the vines and formations. I commanded them to give way, it didn't take it so long until they moved aside. "What did you do?" Harbin asked. 

"Don't ask too many questions, let's go." I grabbed his hand and ran as fast as I could. Harbin did not have any choice but to follow me. Good thing, we left the coachman in the carriage. 

While we were running I use my senses if there are people approaching our way and said, "They're almost here." I attempted to open a portal while running, the first time was a failure. I tried remembering the spells that are written in the Book of Spells and cast a spell to open a portal once again. Harbin was silent the whole time but he prepared his sword in case I cannot create a portal.  

The second time I attempted to create a portal, a small circular light appeared in front of us. I immediately walked inside it and Harbin followed. "We almost got caught," Harbin muttered. I laughed and sat on a stone. I got exhausted from running and releasing magic.

I roamed my eyes around and asked Harbin, "Where are we?" He also did the same and his brows instantly furrowed when he noticed where we are. Based on his reaction I already know where we are. "Furia..." I trailed off. 

Harbin nodded and stared at me worriedly. I know what he's thinking, he's probably worried about me because I know Furia from its trees to its soil, how could I not recognize it immediately? That is because everything drastically changed. Back then, there still living trees surrounding Furia but right now, everything's dead and it seems like a storm happened. Both dead and living trees are uprooted, dead leaves are scattered everywhere, and the soil is as dry as the desert soil. It looks like a type of poison was also spilled everywhere. 

"Cover your mouth, poison gases are everywhere." I opened my satchel and got myself a handkerchief, I covered it around my mouth and nose. 

"Let me," Harbin said. Kinuha niya ang panyo mula sa aking kamay at pumunta sa aking likuran. Itinali niya ito sa ilalim ng aking buhok. Pagkatapos no'n ay ang sarili naman niya ang kaniyang nilagyan. 

After putting our masks on, we continued to walk. The sun is almost down so we need to find a place where we can camp. I suggested not to camp near the Furian Palace to avoid trouble, and Harbin also agreed. 

"Someone's over there," Harbin mumbled. I turned my gaze to where he was looking. A man wearing an all-black outfit started to put up his tent. When he noticed that someone was looking at him his eyes landed on me. In a split second, he's already in front of me. He's fast!

"Who are you?" He asked. His body is surrounded with killing intent, once I move this man will not hesitate to rip my neck. "Are you that impostor?" 

"No, I'm Irene and this is Harbin. We are also looking for that impostor," I replied. The man removed his killing intent and stepped backward.  

"Who are you and what is the business of the vampires here in Furia?" It's Harbin's turn to ask. He's already holding the handle of his sword ready to slash the man in front of us. 

"You can call me Don. I am here to find Morana's impostor," he explained. "Let's continue talking over there." He pointed to the camp he made. Harbin and I nodded and followed. My eyes stayed looking at his back while he walk. I haven't met this guy yet, how come he knows that the impostor is not the real Morana? 

The three of us sat on a tree trunk and created a bonfire. Harbin and Don chatted while they barbeque a slice of meat. Fortunately, Harbin brought food that we can eat during our trip. Don said that he's here to find the impostor and kill him/her. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, although this man seems powerful I don't think he's powerful enough to kill the impostor and his/her followers alone. 

Since he did not find the impostor here in Furia, he's planning to go back to Zygerria. Harbin told him about the intel that the impostor arrived at Zygerria already, he also told him that the impostor is planning to have an alliance with Zygerria's king and the king might agree to the alliance. "That's impossible! Our king had established an alliance with Morana, the real Morana! He's loyal to the villainess, he will not submit to an impostor," Don retorted. His reaction is odd, he's probably a loyal knight of Zygerria or a prince. 

"Are you sure that King Zygerri will not submit to the impostor?" After some time, I finally opened my mouth and asked. King Zygerri is a friend of mine, but after being dead for 6 years I'm not sure if his loyalty remained. 

"Of course! The treaty and the friendship between our King and Morana are solid and real. My King will not betray his friend." The loyalty of this man to his King is commendable, I did not know there are still loyal vampires aside from King Zygerri. 

"If that's the case we should set off after resting, King Zygerri's life is in danger," I uttered.